2 replies to this topic

#1 88whitestarion

88whitestarion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

I took my marnal head off and found a crack between the valve seats in the number 2 cyl. The same thing happen several years ago with another marnal head on the number 3 cyl. Obviously the interior cylinders get hotter than the #1 and #4.

I have a new, never used, Magna M6 head in storage. I bought it over ten years ago and I have just been holding onto it for a rainy day. I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and finally used the M6 or order another Marnal. I assume the Marnal heads are still available. I do run a Magna intake, so the M6 would match up nicely.

Anyone have any idea which casting might hold up better to the heat?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,712 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

I would go ahead and run the magna since it lines up perfectly with the magna intake. If you were still tbi I'd say get another marnel.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#3 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

M6 and,magna
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users