03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

I am getting ready pull the steering column, I can see the four bolts at the boot next to the firewall...are there more bolts holding in in place,do I need to pull the bottom dash cover below the steering wheel/column...and any other tips. Thanks.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 96 hot turbo, 950/ 1800 injectors , 52mm tb, maft, meth kit.

#2 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

Unhook the steering coupler from the box. Remove the lower dash panels and unhook the wiring to the column. Take those 4 bolts out and lower the column and pull it through the firewall grommet. I have a write up on my steering coupler u joint thread in the vendor section, but don’t think the photobucket pics are still working.

BC
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

Wow, that was fast.I did study your very thorough and well put-together thread on the coupling removal, I run to do some issues getting at press fitted pain out so now I'm just going to pull the steering column so I don't damage the end of it.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 96 hot turbo, 950/ 1800 injectors , 52mm tb, maft, meth kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users