2JZ quest

saw this on CL Baltimore...

ad link:

http://baltimore.cra...3203418156.html

copy paste ad:

I have a 1989 Chrylser conquest with a twin turbo toyota supra motor swap with about 65,xxx on car and about 63xxx on motor and trans. First things first this car is SUPER SUPER clean with a fresh paint job only a few years old. No rust absolutely anywhere. These cars were famous for rust around the trunk lid, doors and under carriage. None anywhere. Interior is in good condition. The dash board is not cracked anywhere the carpet is in good condition and the seats are the original leather seats which the front 2 are in good condition but show their 22 year old face. The automatic retracting seat belts work every time door is opened or closed. Now to the motor swap. It has a completely stock JDM twin turbo 2jz with a stock JDM auto supra transmission with a b and m shift kit and ratchet shifter. Car starts and runs great and could make a daily driver, toy, track car, show car or whatever you would want to do with it. It has a boost controller with a high and low boost switch in cab. An over drive off button and electric fan switch have been installed which also works great. This car is ready to go no need to mess with anything turn key and have fun. I bought the car the way it is and it was built by a very well known person in the area who has built multiple 2jz conquests. This car is SUPER fun and will put a smile of enjoyment on anyones face. It has an after market gauge cluster.(not sure who makes them.) The car has custom 3 inch turbo back exhaust, the rear has 3.90 gears and built axle shafts. Transmission, drive shaft. rear and axles are all good for 500 hp which this car is no where near. Has never been raced, dyno'd, or abused. Owned by a professional detailer and has always had the best of care when it comes to cosmetics and maintenance. Im sure I am forgetting some things but if you want to email me, call or text is fine. Reason for selling is that it sits in a garage not being driven due to work being very busy i just don't have time for it and its a driver not a sit and go to waste. asking 8000 obo. REASONABLE offers will be considered and test drives will be very limited to serious buyers. absolutely no tire kickers I don't have time for that. Alex- 410-322- eight zero eight nine. I am only putting up one picture of the car if you would like more feel free to ask.

Edited by importwarrior

It was here in Henderson,NC a few years back I think , It was automatic MPI 2.6 then if memory serves me correctly. I remember him mentioning parting the drivetrain for a swap at some point but hadnt seen the car posted around the site for awhile. Glad to see its still nice and on the road.

BC_99

Got a few more pics sent to me of this, what he had on hand, don't know how recent. They were small in area, still haven't a real solid opinion of it yet. But definitely spiked an interest, gonna try & take a look @ it, will let y'all know what transpires.

If reading the posts prior, am I to understand that when Matt had it, he fixed it, then pretty much immediately flipped it; to this owner now? Thanx!

Matt fixed the motor and reworked some things. Than sold it to a guy named ken who switch cars every 3-6 mount. Ken sold it to the current owner. i drove the car when autoxer had it for sale with a g54b auto mpi set up. I understand it is still in nice shape as it has not see much time out of garages since autoxer started modding it years ago.

I have been watching for it to come up for sale but price keeps going up.

^ This is the impression I got when it all when down. I'm sure if you PM him he wouldn't mind giving you a different opinion of the car.

Thanx, appreciate the intel.

Matt fixed the motor and reworked some things. Than sold it to a guy named ken who switch cars every 3-6 mount. Ken sold it to the current owner. i drove the car when autoxer had it for sale with a g54b auto mpi set up. I understand it is still in nice shape as it has not see much time out of garages since autoxer started modding it years ago.

I have been watching for it to come up for sale but price keeps going up.

Thanx alot J, appreciate the background!

• 2 months later...

Thats freakin shame took forever to get the lines on that hood straight... And they will never match the color and ghost flames ... :(

My uncle (Bryant Caulder) mentioned this car to me a few days ago, while he was asking about mine, I told him about this thread and wondered if you were still around. Its a shame you ever had to sell that car.

BC_99

I'm wonder'n how much he had to knock off the car, for the damaged/totaled hood, guess he shoulda sold it to me afterall. I'da least checked the pins before take'n her out. (Only because, I had a similar problem w/ my custom cowl hood from fastglass on my 78' 280z years ago :o )

• 2 years later...