Just your average drive to work

kidjc

The other day on my 50 some mile one way commute, while creeping/inching forward in the dark... was driving my SVT Stang. As in any clutch situation like this; CAN'T Stand It, wears on me! While on this "super highway" bumper to bumper... I hear this really deep throttle, & WHOA it sounds impressively good! I'm trying to figure out where it coming from? I see a G8 Pontiac a couple cars ahead. I'm thinking, could these really sound that good? It was lowered, stuffed w/ tires. I have an opportunity to get in the right lane, & "try" to wiggle way for a closer look. I move up, nice... even up with it, don't really hear much. @ least not what I was hearing? I am able to move a little further past, when I hear that deep throated rumble again, & I catch an eye on this solid black 4 door coupe of a Maserati. AHhhh! That deep toned super V-10, V-12? Not familiar w/ it, I believe all it said other than the badge, was "47?" Windows were "limo tint" so I couldn't see inside, the driver coulda been a little old lady? ( from Pasadena!) I pass when THANKFULLY the traffic opens up. The Maserati begins to boast that rumble! Normally... I don't play on the highway, maybe I'm feeling too old? But the "no cares" feeling hit. I figured, who ever is in that car isn't worried about a "Grand Slam" of a ticket anyway, maybe the Troopers will have pity on my (until recently) last of the 5.0's? It begins as back & forth pass'n , following, as the speedo keeps rising. I started have'n fun? Traffic is still congested, but negotiable. I'm loving the deep throated sound that just overshadows my really nice headers, stainless steel cat back setup. We are going in & out of traffic which usually does 75-85 mph in a 55. You know the regular traffic was watching us play. The Maserati would kick it up a notch, then it was my turn. We were choosing different paths to negotiate the traffic, coming @ it from both sides. @ 100+ I picked the better pattern, & that amazing car called it quits. So did I, feeling I'd bettered it. ;) Maybe a better driver, but still can hear the sound of that mazing machine, just cruze'n on their way to they're daily grind? Yes, I think it would make a nice commuter car for me... @ least No Clutch'n involved in stand still traffic. Although @ work, kinda had that high stepping feeling most of the morning. :) Anyone familiar which this car? To Note: For some reason I've been get'n a little rowdy w/ my Quest lately/afterwards as well? Am I regressing to my "immortal youth?" :P

Double post, sorry! Can't seem to be able to delete it? Some help please, moderator perhaps? Thanx! Take your pick... this (1), or the other? Edited by kidjc

V8, 4.7 liter and they do sound good. Maserati only made straight sixes and V8's up until the Biturbo series which are oddball V6's (oddfire engine).

I commuted from Alpharetta to Jonesboro in a series III quattroporte, 4.9L V8. The drive su**ed as you can imagine, right through the heart of Atlanta twice a day but the car made it worthwhile. That was back when premium was less than a buck a gallon and the Maser drank it to the tune of 8 mpg. Must have been those 100 mph romps up GA 400 after the traffic tie up at 285.

V8, 4.7 liter and they do sound good. Maserati only made straight sixes and V8's up until the Biturbo series which are oddball V6's (oddfire engine).

I commuted from Alpharetta to Jonesboro in a series III quattroporte, 4.9L V8. The drive su**ed as you can imagine, right through the heart of Atlanta twice a day but the car made it worthwhile. That was back when premium was less than a buck a gallon and the Maser drank it to the tune of 8 mpg. Must have been those 100 mph romps up GA 400 after the traffic tie up at 285.

Hey Scott... thanks! But it sure sounded like "Alot more cylinders than that!" :lol: I'm surprised because of the really deep tone! What are you doing cruise'n round "Spagetti Junction?" I use to live 65 miles north in Athens.