Car has been sold, new parts thread will be created soon.
I have decided to sell my Starion and the parts I have for it as a package.
It has been a difficult decision to make, but I am getting older and trying to focus my life on the hobbies and projects that I am able and wanting to spend time on.
Realistically I will not be able to devote the time this Starion needs for many years from now.
So I'd like it to go to someone that can take it in their own new direction from what I had originally planned.
I've put over a decade into these cars and all the parts and upgrades have been chosen for the ultimate goal I originally had.
I'm hoping someone likes the package as a whole and will want to take it and use it as a base for their own vision.
What I have is a Palermo Grey 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESIr with factory moon roof.
I'm going to list the issues the vehicle has that I am aware of first so as to be up front and get those out of the way.
- The clear coat is breaking down. Most noticeably on the hood where the heat from the engine gets past the under-hood heat shield.
- The engines fuel efficiency is pretty poor. Around town it is getting 7 or 8 MPG.
- The engines performance is not smooth above 6 lbs of boost pressure. It will start to sputter. It doesn't feel the same as when I had a bad secondary fuel injector connection, it still tries to go... as if not enough or maybe even too much fuel.
- I pulled the after-market stereo out due to issues with it staying powered up. I do not know yet if the stereo's power issue is a internal or external problem yet.
- Typical style but bad driver seat wear. The famous middle bump in the lower seat of the drivers seat has developed a pretty long tear. The drivers side bolster has typical friction wear. Similar but less severe damage on passenger side.
- The vehicle needs steering work done. I'm pretty sure the famous steering coupler is bad, but with the tire wear problems it likely needs more typical steering component fixes as well, as in ball ends and the like.
- The 5 speed transmission that is in the vehicle is noisy and the gear shift feels a bit sloppy. I have a used but said to be much better condition 5 speed that is ready to go with the vehicle.
- Needs battery, due to wiring upgrades that I have done that are listed later, the vehicle requires a battery with both top and side posts.
- Some minor body damage on driver's front fender. Looks as if there was some light damage done there and someone tried to start the process of fixing it.
- Front bumper is slightly skewed. Due to very minor accident.
- Fog light housings need to be replaced. Turns out the 50 watt Pilot hyper white bulbs put out too much heat for long term use. Took many years of use for the damage to become apparent. Bottom portion of housing has melted just enough that the bulbs started to burn out quickly. My guess is due to moisture getting inside the housings. :-(
- Drivers side light switch controls are partially damaged, only off or headlights are available due to the switch for the parking lights being broken.
- The previous owner had relocated the stereo into the HVAC location and unfortunately for me the car was broken into less than fifteen minutes of me parking at home from the drive to get the car. The thieves originally thought they could get behind the stereo by prying out the passenger side middle dash vent, bending the plastic in the process. I never got around to replacing that trim piece due to the difficulty of getting to the screws that hold it in place.
- I have a better condition dash that can be swapped into the car or used for parts that is free to go with the purchase of the car.
- Two glass pieces are included for the moon roof, one factory and one that has been covered with vinyl to block the sun. So you could say that this car can be equipped with either a moon roof or a sunroof. :-P
- Eibach Pro Kit spring kit with KYB GR2 struts in the front and Tokiko Blues in the back.
- MSD Digital 6+ w/ tach adapter is installed.
- A front and rear strut tower brace kit from a StarQuestClub.com group buy, the front brace is triangular.
- Fog light mod is working (except for broken parking lamp switch and bad housings as previously stated).
- Dual Radiator electric fan mod via a wiring change so that when the lower temp fan kicks on it activates both engine bay side fans at the same time.
- HKS Turbo Timer with analog to digital speedometer adapter is installed. Digital speedo is unreliable.
- AutoGauge Cobalt series gauges, electronic boost in place of stock boost gauge and pyrometer on A-pillar gauge pod. The pyrometer is not hooked up and I have two of the sensors to go with the gauge. I will need to find them though. :-/
- Innovate Motor sports wide band kit w/ gauge in second a-pillar gauge pod location. The factory O2 sensor has been removed with the wide band controller sending the narrow range signal to the ECU. The wide band errors out a lot lately. The best info I've found is that it is probably just a bad sensor.
- HKS cat back exhaust.
- Crank vent kit
- 0 gauge positive and negative battery leads with 135 amp circuit breaker.
- 100 amp GM alternator.
- Low miles, new from OEM Throttle position sensor.
- Low miles, new from OEM throttle cable.
- After-market high quality high pressure power steering pump hose (custom made).
- LED tail-lights w/ electronic turn signal flasher.
- New from OEM battery tray with tie down.
- New from OEM shield protectors on rear fender flares. Front and rear. These were replaced when I had some corrective body work done to the car.
- SHP Steering gear box.
- Viper 2-way Alarm w/ remote start.
- Balance shafts have been eliminated due to bad bearing.
- G54B turbo engine block (hot tanked, honed, painted and set with brass freezer plugs).
- Marnal non-jet valve head (bare, new in box).
- G54B turbo engine crank (knife edged and balanced to below race spec).
- Lightened G54B flywheel.
- ACT street performance clutch kit. I can get the specifics, but it is a heavy duty pressure plate with a organic street disc. (New in box)
- OEM Clutch master and slave cylinder's (new in box). I bought these for installing at the same time as the clutch.
TD05 18g turbo, upgraded by Forced Performance when I was trying to build my first Starion.
- Stebandi short throw shifter.
- Wiseco forged aluminum pistons. These are the K555M92 kit and were run in the listed block before.
- Balanced push rods set up for floating wrist pins.
- ARP head studs.
- HKS EVC IV Silver w/ remote trigger.
- Kelly Da' Man's Hard Pipe Kit with Accordion Hard pipe.
- Full front and rear set of SHP 8's and 9's (junk yard find, need some cleanup/finishing). Found on a car with too small of tire installed. The wheels have a substantial amount of road rash but I was going to clean them up.
- A set of tires to match the SHP wheels that are Toyo Proxes high performance street tires with I'm guessing 30 to 40 percent wear left.
only on the weekends that I can make it out to the car.
I'm also willing to answer any and all questions about the car.
My pain is your gain... need to sell this car... the car needs to be sold and gone. Make offer.
To clarify the previous point, I will not take parts off of the car itself.
The car is in a storage facility that does not allow parts to be taken' off of cars that are stored there.
I will now accept offers for the already loose parts.
I'll have to source the shipping materials for everything that needs to be shipped, but will honor every deal.
SHIPPING: (Buyer would need to pay shipping)
MILEAGE: (Exact mileage is unknown, best estimate is around 190K)
RUNS: (Yes, but needs battery with top and side posts as well as valid tags)
RUST?: (I am not aware of any rust on the vehicle)
PREFERRED CONTACT METHOD: (Phone: (503) 395-8244 /email: firstname.lastname@example.org /Reply or PM)
So, picture hosting is not as easy as it was so many years ago... :-(
Pictures available upon request.
Edited by Sarc, 09 January 2018 - 08:18 PM.