-NEED TRANNY FLYWHEEL COVER PLATE (5 SPEED)-

VICE

Alright lets see if he can find one of the 2 he's got if not I'll get it of you.. :winking0013:

Here's my temporary piece..

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/SVK-xxyOMcI/AAAAAAAAAf0/kn9dIPZKVCw/s800/SG-%20131.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/SVK-q0YPgcI/AAAAAAAAAfs/naIb0cUMHT4/s800/SG-%20132.jpg

Edited by VICE

That's the motor plate not the dust shield.

And yeah, parts everywhere. I stripped 2 cars in my garage. Parts are in the garage, backyard, sideyard, rafters, everywhere. Very useful when I need something though. Don't have to buy it from someone else.

definatelly not a motor plate, those mount to motor and car in one like a motor mount. goes in between tranny and motor really doesnt bolt directly to motor, and if its bolted to a g54b the bellhousing apears to be the same as stock so it should still fit right in. Edited by mdbgracing

Yea that plate is not modded for anything , no offense BOHO but i have had that on every one of my SQ's between the engine and tranny, which were all 5 speeds except one i had was auto, but idk if it was on there or not. BUT i have also seen those plates on many various v8 cars' engine/tranny's. I also know my nephew who had a 69 mustang had one too.

As far as saying its a motor plate, as someone said- motor plate as in how? are you speaking of the race plates used on high power dragsters, etc? cus if so that isnt between the the engine and trans, its between engine and rad, water pump bolts to it and such. It is much thicker too and usually aluminum or whatever they wanna use but its to keept the motor from torquing too much in conjunction with the motor mounts of course too.

Edited by tsiconquest88

Close Md, it is a Supra tranny with the StarQuest bellhousing (You can see the welding better in my web album).. Everytime I get a clutch I have to order pressure plate for the StarQuest and Friction Disc along with throwout and pilot bearings for the Supra.. Custom hybrid setup but it works. I said "Plate" not really knowing what that piece is called.. See the top half of that piece is in between my motor and tranny, seems like its been cut it's just open and exposes the flywheel, a very nice lightweight aluminum Fidanza flywheel might I add so I want to cover it make sure nothing gets in there causing devastating damage.. I was thinking maybe a few layers of sheet metal would cover that well.. So nothing goes on top of that piece in between drivetrain, nothing else required? Just wanna make sure... Edited by VICE

Yea that plate is not modded for anything , no offense BOHO but i have had that on every one of my SQ's between the engine and tranny, which were all 5 speeds except one i had was auto, but idk if it was on there or not. BUT i have also seen those plates on many various v8 cars' engine/tranny's. I also know my nephew who had a 69 mustang had one too.

As far as saying its a motor plate, as someone said- motor plate as in how? are you speaking of the race plates used on high power dragsters, etc? cus if so that isnt between the the engine and trans, its between engine and rad, water pump bolts to it and such. It is much thicker too and usually aluminum or whatever they wanna use but its to keept the motor from torquing too much in conjunction with the motor mounts of course too.

I don't know how I could take offense to this but whatever....That plate he has pictured is the stock motor plate...No its not modded..that is not what I was talking about......its just not the piece he is talking about.....He is talking about the piece that looks like this....the "dust cover"

http://www.elcaminostore.com/product.asp?p...s-_-11-3638-_-X

That's the same thing pretty much, just comes in a bigger piece and I can tell cuss the square shape in the bottom fits the stock bellhousing and the hole for the starter and bolts are where they should be. That is the piece I am missing, only have half of it leaving the bottom part of tranny, clutch and flywheel area exposed..

this is the plate/dust shield to each his own on what they choose to call it. the part directly fits a 5spd tranny i have two in my garage that i put it up to and bolt holes match perfectly.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/BabyGMadDog/HPIM0032.jpg

i understand what u mean by dust cover. here is a pic of one. i have removed enough dust shields doin cltuches and what not so i know their use and what they look like. im not triing to cause an uproar over a little part but the item above is what was on my spare tranny and is what is on my 5spd in my car. also like Vice said he has a g54b bellhousing which is needed to bolt the supra tranny to the motor. there for requiring g54b cover for the flywheel.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/BabyGMadDog/HPIM0049.jpg

BOHO here is where the confusin sat in, vice showed a pic of what he did with a temp dust cover then he showed a pic of the shield between engine and tranny saying is that really all it is- I took that as the part he was looking for as well?? so i in turn said yes that is stock when i thought u had said it was a plate that was modified. There are 3 plates the large one he has pictured and the small one that goes where he put the temp piece, and the one that is like the link you showed. The actual dust shield that goes where he has the temp piece is held on by 2 bolts on the outer side of the plate and 2 bolt/nuts on the inside. And that plate you linked. All my point here is the big plate IS an oem part it bolts between the block and tranny and the hole is for the starter, i have seen those on every single one of my SQ's as i said above. Edited by tsiconquest88

BOHO here is where the confusin sat in, vice showed a pic of what he did with a temp dust cover then he showed a pic of the shield between engine and tranny saying is that really all it is- I took that as the part he was looking for as well?? so i in turn said yes that is stock when i thought u had said it was a plate that was modified. There are 3 plates the large one he has pictured and the small one that goes where he put the temp piece, and the one that is like the link you showed. The actual dust shield that goes where he has the temp piece is held on by 2 bolts on the outer side of the plate and 2 bolt/nuts on the inside. And that plate you linked. All my point here is the big plate IS an oem part it bolts between the block and tranny and the hole is for the starter, i have seen those on every single one of my SQ's as i said above.

LOL.....everyone is correct....we know what piece he needs...we all just said it differently....Someone send him one so he can take that makeshift one down....Man this was confusing....

Edited by BOHO

lol actually that makeshift wasnt too bad for a quick job he even went the extent to use lock tabs haha

Actually U should have seen the pizza box I used as a prototype temp piece for a couple days.. :biggrinumbrella1:

Hey MD that second piece that looks half the size, that fits as well or is it off another car? Cuss it looks like I wouldn't have to separate the motor, tranny to use it..

Edited by VICE

FYI these tranny inspection plates are still available. I just ordered one brand new about 2 months ago from a mitsubishi dealership. I ordered mine from Norcomits.com I don't know the part number off hand, but if you are able to identify it, they have it and I purchased mine for $16 shipped.