Big turboooooooz

BOOSTED88tsi

silly kids

still messin with the mitsu flanges

we're in California budy..its not that easy to get away with moding our cars...

Daniel

yea your right but flowing more air doesnt mean you have to stick with a mitsubishi flanged turbo

thats why we run electronic or manual boost controllers and fuel management systems

that the reason for this post ,,right????

want a bigger turbo? more air flow?

there are plenty guys in cali that has ditched the mitsu turbos

true you are. but it all just depends on how lenient the cops are, and if they know what they are looking at. If they really want to get technical, then they can start looking for mitsubishi part #'s and what not on the turbos and manifolds. if they see Garret or Holset or anything like that other then mitsu products then they can call you on that due to it no longer being OEM material.

im sure Jason wont get picked on as much as us with the sq body cuz he has a truck that hes doin all this too, so yea he can prolly run what ever he wants. but those trucks used the same engines, so the cops can pull the same cards on him then they do for the rest of us that get picked on.

Daniel

LOL it does have a hurricane and NOTHING looks stock. For Jason it is a cost issue...mitsubishi turbos are cheaper and easier to put in.

yea but its in an old school truck, cops wont suspect a truck to have all that stuff as much as they would on a regular sq. Unless Jason starts making it loud like my car..then maybe he'll start getting looked at a little more lol

that, and the money issue, and having to make a d/p and all that other good stuff is why im staying mitsu flanged awell..for now.. lol

edit: another free bump! haha

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

a rebuilt 14g or 16 g from forced performance is around 550

a brand new ,,,again brand new,,,real garrett 60-1 journal bearing

is 695...yes you will have other expenses but the gains are night and day

i to was new to these cars,,,went from a 14g to a super16 then went to a 60-1

and im still with the 60-1,,,and love it,,,my next step is a gt37,,,at least wishing for a that

just wish i didnt waste my time and money on the smaller turbos

and when you say "for now" .that means you intend to go bigger....

i would say save your cash,,,drive the car with watever thimble sized turbo

is on there,,,and save for a bigger turbo conversion....

Here is the break down of cost for you quickconq

60-1 $700

Threadston manifold $300

Custom Down Pipe $75

external wastegate $250

Oil drain and return lines $50

Total$1375

OR

used 16g that bolts right up needs nothing else $60

or 20g that needs wastegate brackets made $250

Numbers aren't everything...not all of us want to dump a ton on money into these vehicles and live off of Top Roman so they can say they made X amount of HP but they cant afford to take the car out to events where the car was built for. Remember this IS a drift truck.

Numbers aren't everything...not all of us want to dump a ton on money into these vehicles and live off of Top Roman so they can say they made X amount of HP but they cant afford to take the car out to events where the car was built for. Remember this IS a drift truck.

Exactly, well put Scott. The truck was insanely fast on a crappy 16g at like 12lbs. Broke lose in 4th gear on a pull and would swing between 2 lanes. With a good 16g or something bigger running 16 to 20psi its going to be an animal. HP numbers for drifting isnt everything. As long as you can put 200 to 250hp down your more then set and we know the truck is going to be putting down more then that.

Well we are going to try out MY holset hx35 on the truck tonight to make sure it isn't smoking and if it spools quick enough he is going to buy it off of me. Oh and the wastegate on this thing is 17 or 21 psi so it should lay down around 350hp at the wheels.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/trippleCing/0923090010.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/trippleCing/0923090009.jpg

Edited by Scotty Dont

i got cash for ya :-D ., how much you want!? lol

it ol set me back on my engine build tho.. :-/... so i really shouldnt.. but its sooo siiiiiick!!!

Daniel