1990 Plymouth Laser RS - Red and Black + Nickname=The BEAST!

mrvwbug

My dream came true - I scored a 90 Laser. It's a bat out of hell folks. Big EVO 16g turbo, APEXI/Inovation Wideband, Walbro 255 FP, 650cc injectors, sweet rims (black ASA-BBS type), kumho ecsta tires and many more goodies.

She could use a paint job, but I am not whining being only the third owner. It's stupid fast - probably runs mid 12's. I just put on drilled/slotted Stop Tech brakes with cermamic pads to stop this beast. I am beefing up the suspension starting with coilovers, new control arms with fresh ball joints. Maybe tie rods. It so quick it's squirrely on the road. My first 6 bolt 4g63t motor in a car which is lighter than my 85 1/2 flatty. I'll post some pics when I have time to clean the beast. I drove all the way to Dayton from Indy to get her. The seller call me a day later and was having Sellers remorse. Paid only $2750

It's loads of fun!

Cheers,

Slim Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first dsm was a 3/89 build gst. The thing was a freak. 2.5" cat back and test pipe with 19psi all stock otherwise even a paper air filter. the thing trapped 117mph in the 1/4 backed it up with 114mph but the clutch told me to kick rocks shifting 4th. The car was a lot of fun back in 1999. People didn't know what to make of it.

Good luck