custom 16x12" front 7s to be used for the rear.

Technology

They are actually for someone else's car, but I wanted to show the community. I'll leave it up to him to provide more details when the project is ready. But I wouldn't doubt that these will definitely go on the car, which is an SQ.

That looks awesome yo! Can't wait to see them on the car.

And guys, you really think someone would blow a chunk of change on something like that without doing their research? I'm sure these guys planned ahead.

That looks awesome yo! Can't wait to see them on the car.

And guys, you really think someone would blow a chunk of change on something like that without doing their research? I'm sure these guys planned ahead.

Um yeah....... have you seen some of the stuff people do to cars? Have you seen some of the rims people try to run now a days? Looking at where the mounting face is, in relation to the inside of the rims, that's going to require like a 2" spacer to fit. Again that's going off a pic so it's hard to tell really how far out that face sits.

And while it looks cool, there are no tires avalalble wider then a 225 for a 16" rim so IMHO it's totally pointless, could have put the money into 18's been just as wide and have a choice in tires.

Edited by jszucs

Beautiful looking! I really can't fathom them on the car, & am wondering about the tire sizes/availability as well. Guess we'll have to just wait & see? thanx for the preview! ;)

Um yeah....... have you seen some of the stuff people do to cars? Have you seen some of the rims people try to run now a days? Looking at where the mounting face is, in relation to the inside of the rims, that's going to require like a 2" spacer to fit. Again that's going off a pic so it's hard to tell really how far out that face sits.

And while it looks cool, there are no tires avalalble wider then a 225 for a 16" rim so IMHO it's totally pointless, could have put the money into 18's been just as wide and have a choice in tires.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, I get what you're saying. But I think if the Lamborghini Countach people can still buy 335's for 15" wheels, these guys should be able to find similar width in 16's.

I ran 245 50's on rear 8's for some time. I got a complete set of tires from some Ferrari 308 wheels I had at my shop. Inhad to take a BFH to the 1/4 panels.

Makes me winder if they running those 12" wides on a tubbed out SQ with a custom rear end, like a Ford 9".

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, I get what you're saying. But I think if the Lamborghini Countach people can still buy 335's for 15" wheels, these guys should be able to find similar width in 16's.

I ran 245 50's on rear 8's for some time. I got a complete set of tires from some Ferrari 308 wheels I had at my shop. Inhad to take a BFH to the 1/4 panels.

Makes me winder if they running those 12" wides on a tubbed out SQ with a custom rear end, like a Ford 9".

Doesn't look too promising on tire rack

List of all available 16" sizes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/sizes/results.jsp?diameter=16

List of all available 15" sizes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/sizes/results.jsp?diameter=15

17" and 18" have much more choices

no pissing contest just plain fact. Yeah I know you can get custom tires in wide sizes in 12's-16's. What I'm saying is it's a fact you can't just roll to any joe smoe tire place and order tires, have choices in bnads, compounds ect in that size. Even the supply on 17's are dwindiling. Stock cars come with 18's and up now.

And yes I can totally see custom rearend with maybe slicks on them??????

Edited by jszucs

no pissing contest just plain fact. Yeah I know you can get custom tires in wide sizes in 12's-16's. What I'm saying is it's a fact you can't just roll to any joe smoe tire place and order tires, have choices in bnads, compounds ect in that size. Even the supply on 17's are dwindiling. Stock cars come with 18's and up now.

And yes I can totally see custom rearend with maybe slicks on them??????

Oh yeah, this is not something you walk into PepBoys and expect to find it. I was thinking that size sound like something in a Mickey Thompsons or Hoosier's.

And such is the life of the big baller car guy... You won't find racing fuel at every gas station, and you won't see shelves full of superchargers at your local NAPA. Most people doing these big crazy projects on cars realize they have to go to specialty suppliers for their goodies.