ryddler's 2008 Diabetes Walk

ryddler

It is again that time of year where I set my sights high, and walk to raise money to find a cure for diabetes.

The cause: American Diabetes Association's "Step out to fight Diabetes"

23.6 million (24% are undiagnosed) children and adults in just the U.S. suffer from diabetes, America's fastest growing disease. Diabetes can, and does, lead to a wide range of other serious health complications. By helping me participate in Step Out, you're not just helping to funds to eliminate one disease. You're also battling cardiovascular problems, kidney failure, blindness, lower limb amputations, and much more.

For those of you that don't know, my daughter Tori was diagnosed with Type I diabetes one month after her third birthday. I have participated in this walk ever since, and have been acting Volunteer Corporate Chairperson for the last few years.

The pitch:

What I would like to do this year is hold a raffle to give away prizes for donations, similar to what I do in an online game I play where I have already collected almost 1.8 million worth of in-game prizes to give away (check it out here: ryddler's EL raffle). In order to do that I need some vendors to step up and offer some prizes to the prize pool. If you are a vendor, and would like to donate a prize (should also be a tax deduction as well), please pm me the details.

I will still appreciate any donations that are made even if we don't get any vendors to donate. All donations made prior to having any available prizes will be automatically added to the ticketholders list.

Please make your donation at one of the following locations:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I used to be a fitness health nut, was an instructor for the Army MAster Fitness Program, ran the Boston and NY Marathon for the Army and LA NAtional Guard until My injuries. Now not being able to work out and the spinal cord stimulator implanted in me as well as the narcs and other meds i have been on since 02 I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in Sep. I was amazed at how many soldierswho were injured have contracted this disease due to their injuries. Hopefully I will have some extr cash from our COLA raise in Jan so I can donatte to you Ryddler. Keep up the awesome work and may God bless you and you family as well as allour soldiers home and abroad. HAppy Holidays. GAry