FuelinjectionPro

ED! I almost gave up on you! I bought the hurricaine 4 and I cant get it to run. The light on my FC1S is not flashing durring cranking. I turn the car on and it flashes once but thats it. The megasquirt software shows the injectors are not pulsing/cycling. The car fired up the first couple times, the map sensor, tps and tach all seem to work fine. Please help me out, i need to make my car run!

Hi Ed

I am planning for MPI conversion soon with MS. I am reading up all I can on the msefi as well as all Starion MPI related information. Will you reckon the stock harness or at least some parts of it will work with the MS V3.57 SMD board? I am using a 89 Starion engine with a small 16G on a Pajero. Will I be able to get it to work with stock distributor? I have got the following with me now:

Magna intake done by Chad with 1/2" spacer at intake flange

4 x 75LB Delphi injectors

Magna fuel rail

Mustang thottle body with 1/2" spacer and TPS

MS V3.57 SMD board

Simulator board

DB37 connector with long harness, computer cable

Fuel regulator

Very messed up wiring harness with fuses, connectors and relays.

I guess with the above set up I cannot control the ignition part, or can I? I am trying to understand everything fully before I start working on it. Cos it's a daily driver and can't afford too much down time. Thanks.

ED! I almost gave up on you! I bought the hurricaine 4 and I cant get it to run. The light on my FC1S is not flashing durring cranking. I turn the car on and it flashes once but thats it. The megasquirt software shows the injectors are not pulsing/cycling. The car fired up the first couple times, the map sensor, tps and tach all seem to work fine. Please help me out, i need to make my car run!

what are you using for a tach signal? The FC needs either the msd tach adapter or the one offered by FIP. Just hooking up to the stock crap doesnt work.

what are you using for a tach signal? The FC needs either the msd tach adapter or the one offered by FIP. Just hooking up to the stock crap doesnt work.

I noticed the stock tach wasnt working. There is no mention of this adapter in the install guide. I have to have it to run my car?

HEY ED!! Long time no talky! Heres an issue Ive been having.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.p...amp;hl=ignition

Phil I have use a USB to serial converter with the IgnitionPro and not had any problems. But each laptop seems a little different. What com port is your USB set to? Is the IgnitionPro software the current one posted on our site? What windows software is on your laptop?

What do you have for the ignition system, stock, msd,IgnitionPro ect? If stock do you have the IAM-1A adapter? if so here is how you test it:

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/edwardcase00...pt_new_test.JPG

I would like to know how the pink wire off the Fuel Control box works on the TBPro2r , I hear it can control the fans, where do I setup the switch point in the software to enable it?

The pink wire is controlled by the water temp setting found in SETTINGS> CONSTANTS>FAST IDLE CONTROL. When the temp is below the set temp the pink wire will be at ground level, when above the set temp it will be open. A relay must be used, as the pink wire can only switch a small current. One side of the relay coil(85) would connect to the pink wire the other side of the relay coil(86) would go to a switched 12 volt supply. I will post a fan connection drawing.

ED

Hi Ed

I am planning for MPI conversion soon with MS. I am reading up all I can on the msefi as well as all Starion MPI related information. Will you reckon the stock harness or at least some parts of it will work with the MS V3.57 SMD board? I am using a 89 Starion engine with a small 16G on a Pajero. Will I be able to get it to work with stock distributor? I have got the following with me now:

lester this post section is for club members with one of our FuelinjectionPro kits. However I will try to comment in the other post you have in the MPI section.

Ed

Phil I have use a USB to serial converter with the IgnitionPro and not had any problems. But each laptop seems a little different. What com port is your USB set to? Is the IgnitionPro software the current one posted on our site? What windows software is on your laptop?

I have windows XP and I downloaded the Ign Pro about 2 weeks ago. As far as the com port Ign Pro is set to CommPort 3. Its the only one that wouldnt give me another error message.

phil

Edited by phinko

Thanks Ed! my fans are already on after market relays, so this should be easy, so then I just need to know what the voltage for a new relay would be for the pink wire, if you say it can only switch a "small amount" I'll buy a new relay for that

What do you have for the ignition system, stock, msd,IgnitionPro ect? If stock do you have the IAM-1A adapter? if so here is how you test it:

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/edwardcase00...pt_new_test.JPG

I am using the stock ignition with the IAM-A1 adapter. Ill test it and get back to you. Thanks

Thanks Ed! my fans are already on after market relays, so this should be easy, so then I just need to know what the voltage for a new relay would be for the pink wire, if you say it can only switch a "small amount" I'll buy a new relay for that

The pink wire is switched ground on the FIP unit. When the engine is cold, this wire is on, but when the engine reaches normal temp or above, the ECI will shut it off (therefore switched by the ECI). I use it to control my FIDLE. Do not use it to ground your fans directly or you'll kill the ECI. Use relays to turn the fans on, with the pink wire controlling the "Coils" of the relays. For the fans, I'd go with dual 40A relays, assuming that you're running dual fans. Avoid putting any amount of current through the pink wire.

I sincerely hope that this is what you were asking, but if I misunderstood you, please disregard my post.

Rgds,

Jms

Do you still have any trigger wheel pulleys and vr sensor adapters available?

Lusion972,

Take a look at the following sites:

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

http://www.311s.org/tech/ignition/edis.html

Bom ver outro Portugues neste forum (Sorry guys, this is code).

Rgds,

Jms