SDS Values and Tables

Email me your files: elkidminoltu@yahoo.com and I will post them here.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10121/Dave_s_SDS_Values_03-12-2010.jpg

Edited by Elkidmino

Thanks for hosting those. :excl:

For the record, I run a high lift long duration cam, and a really big turbo, so my RPM fuel and manifold pressure tables aren't as linear as most will want theirs to be.

I also use a 70 MM TB, different TB sizes will require different settings on the accel pump sensitivity and fuel settings. Also be sure to check the adjustment on the throttle stop screw, some are far too open and you'll never get a good idle out of it without adjusting it atleast a little. remember, it's designed and adjusted for a 4.6 liter motor ^_^

When tuning, I found it most helpful to print out the current settings and start the tuning session. Make your changes and when you are done, write them down on your printout so you can re-document them on a new file. Save it as with the date so you can see where you made changes, and have been. Sometimes you'll get off track so it's nice to have an older file to refer to.

I found the tunig nadvoce in the SDS manual to be quite accurate and helpful. With a close baseline and their advice, you can make a really good runing car rather quickly.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cant find anyone who will tune it so it is down to me. I have the ignition timing numbers in . It's the retard number that I don't understand . I read the above graph and it still doesn't make sense to me. Am I entering how much I want it to retard at a given rpm. If so than that number will be subtracted from the main timing number to give me total timing. Is that correct? And how much timing retard to set it at. I am currently running 10psi and would need info on that, but am wanting to turn it up to 15 psi so the timing might change ,so I need info for that.

Anyone?

Franco

• 1 month later...

Cant find anyone who will tune it so it is down to me. I have the ignition timing numbers in . It's the retard number that I don't understand . I read the above graph and it still doesn't make sense to me. Am I entering how much I want it to retard at a given rpm. If so than that number will be subtracted from the main timing number to give me total timing. Is that correct? And how much timing retard to set it at. I am currently running 10psi and would need info on that, but am wanting to turn it up to 15 psi so the timing might change ,so I need info for that.

Anyone?

Franco

Sorry Franco, I know this is a little late but yes you are correct. You punch in how much retard you want off the total timing at a given boost pressure. You can probably run 0* retard at 10psi if you are on a stock motor. The rule of thumb after that is to pull a degree per pound of boost. So at 15psi you should pull 5 degrees out. Say your total timing is 30 degrees, well, pulling that 5 degrees will make it 25 total timing at 15psi.

I run a very conservative timing curve. You may get some more horses out of it if you run it out a little more.