Vaccum Hose Size

TMeitz

I know this has been posted before. I'm wanting to replace all the small vaccum hose and the size is????  3.2 or 3.5 mm and about 45 feet.     Might post this in the favorite board,   TMeitz ???

• 1 month later...

PumpTSI ,  You are correct. I went to order 45ft of 3.2mm vac. hose from Hosetechniques and the owner Luckey talk me into 3.5mm hose saying nobody uses 3.2 hose . So when the 3.5 hose arrive along with samples of all the vac hose that they sale. Only the 3.2 sample fit properly. I call him up and he was surprise that the 3.2 fit and the 3.5 fit very loosely. Luckey said he would put a hose kit together for our cars in the near future. And that now he knows about the 3.2mm situation with our cars.  Thanks again Pump for the sound advise.     TMeitz ;)

P.S.    I was able to return the hose for a full refund.     I should be getting my 3.2 hose Tuesday.

Just ordered mine on Fri (net) called to change the order to 3.2, order was to going out today!they pulled it and made the changefor me.Guys running the 3.5 are having to strap the hoses on after running them for a while, then I was thinking that 3.2 might be the way to go.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one happy with 3.5mm hose from hose techniques?  I have their sample package from this summer.  The walls of their 3.5mm hose is much thicker than their 3.2 mm (and 4.0mm as well).  

I guess that one should get their sample package first -- then decide for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
When I tried the 3.5 hose it slid on so loosely that it had no grip to it. And I was having trouble keeping vac hoses on - on some ports.  Under boost. With the 3.2 hose, it fits snug and have had no problems. Yes the walls on the 3.5 hoses are slightly thicker, but see no affects that would be a neg. with the 3.2 hose.   TMeitz

I just ordered 3.5 from Hose Tech after I test fitted the 3.5 from their test kit on the car and it seemed to fit pretty good.  I actually didn't think I wanted it any tighter.  I will see but, based on the test fittings, I think 3.5 will do fine.  And I really like the thicker side walls.   ;D

Raymond

• 4 weeks later...
I'll be meeting with Hose Techniques tomorrow and they will be using the project 87 Starion ESI-R to put together a complete kit for our rides. Speaking with Lucky (owner of Hose Tech), we were at a conflict as to what the proper ID for the lines should be. He actually said that 3.2 is a weird size, with 3.5 being more appropriate.

I got mine from http://www.hosetechniques.com/.  There has been quite a bit of discussion about the correct hose size.  I ordered a sample pack from them that has all the different sizes an colors and went with the 3.5mm.  After the test fits and final install, I think 3.5 is the way to go but I think 3.2 will work ok.  I would order a sample pack for yourself and make your own decision.  Good luck!

Raymond

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Factory size is 3.2mm   I have Welderwiz's silicone hose, it's 3.5mm...I ziptied everything, because once the hose starts to get hot, they can pop off of the vacuum port that it's on... I'm VERY pleased with Welderwiz's hose...

where did you get them, and how much are they?