Moderators

IntercooledFlatty

I'm not sure who to talk with about it but I'd moderate if we are lacking people who are active and will actually do the job.

You got my vote mang , times have changed as has the direction of the community , I'd like to see some of you younger doods step up , along with Speedy i put forward Britt/BC99 for a mod position along with Jeff/UCW458 to represent the West coasters , Robert and Tim C who i both have a lot of time for are just too busy with life to be active enough. Edited by SOTTY
  • Like 1

I also suggest Harry/Olive8 to represent us older guys along with the level headed and 'out the box ' thinking Nick/ Nikofab , both these guys know 'what's up' with the SQ scene. Edited by SOTTY
  • Like 1

I don't post much, but I am around daily and read up on what I can. And I try my best to answer whatever questions are thrown my way. I'm just not much help when it comes to things that are "above my pay grade".

How about some non holy-rollers? Maybe mods should be required to post how-to's and reviews that help the community and make the site useful. Sheeet, make me a mod I'll show you what I mean.

How about some non holy-rollers? Maybe mods should be required to post how-to's and reviews that help the community and make the site useful. Sheeet, make me a mod I'll show you what I mean.

i'm sure the boundaries need pushed a little and i'm no 'holy roller' however 99 per cent here know what those boundaries are , things need to lightened up some here , great post Fuze .
  • Like 1

I think this is a good topic, one which deserves all the consideration which is due. I know people get busy, but I think this was a topic of interest some time back.

I think the people who started and maintained the site in the beginning did a good or great job, but I too think it's time for it to evolve. Don't ask me to get technical for this is what I do during the day.

I've got blisters on my cortex. :lol:

Cheers

SLim Jim

I have to agree... We need some new blood in the Mod section of this little group. Some of the things that get removed are a bit ridickulous.

my question is this,,,, what is it you need help with I have saw no questions ask'd no request for help

so just what is the problem

being a mod is not gona get you any slaps on the back for a good job done , in fact if you enforce the sites policy's eevery one will hate you

I would think it is more a decision of "how" you choose to moderate, when you are forced to. For instance, when a moderator condescends down to the membership, by using terms like "son" and "lil pup", it tends to leave a bad impression with the membership. It might seem that the moderator in question, thinks that they are better than community that they are supposed to be serving. I don't recall ever seeing "most" of our active moderators talk down to members. Just an observation.

Thanks Scotty, for the vote of confidence. If the current owner and moderation team, of SQC, ever feel that they need my help at any time, they need but to ask. I don't mind serving and preserving the main site of our small community, in any way I can.

BC_99

• Like 1

my question is this,,,, what is it you need help with I have saw no questions ask'd no request for help

so just what is the problem

being a mod is not gona get you any slaps on the back for a good job done , in fact if you enforce the sites policy's eevery one will hate you

Yeah but you guys always pretend there's no moderators pot-o-gold secret forum where you get lavish riches heaped upon you from the parts and service guys. So there's THAT! :P

I wish the old threads weren't lost. Folks would know flat out that what mods do here is what they do and there really isn't any discussion. Never ever was. I recall a thread about voting for mods that enjoyed a very very brief run . :D

The threads are fun though :)

I don't post much, but I am around daily and read up on what I can. And I try my best to answer whatever questions are thrown my way. I'm just not much help when it comes to things that are "above my pay grade".

Similar here. There are only about five 'active' mods now and, trying to speak for us all, we are all overwhelmed with life at the moment. Do we need a few more mods, yes I believe so. Topic has been brought up many times over the past year but we are having trouble agreeing.

As Erin stated, sometimes things are 'above our pay grade'. The moderators have typically looked to the 'administrators' to set the rules and make the key decisions. As such, we still heavily rely on Jimmy to serve this function even though he hasn't been around much. Out of the five or so of us, none is stepping up to a role similar to Jimmy's...and trying to select someone from the club to fill his shoes is not an easy decision to make.

I kind of like the fact that the mods have been just lurking for the most part. It means that the club is pretty much getting along and running status quo. I do hear what others are saying in terms of the FAQ section, reviews, etc. It helps to have an active moderator in support of these forums...although the content should be coming from the members, not the moderators. The moderators should just be collecting this information and documenting it in areas where the club can access efficiently. Over the past few years I've tried to serve the role of being a focal point in this area. I've been silent for a few months as a result of changes in my personal life but plan to regain focus now that things are starting to settle down. i very much enjoy focusing on the technical areas of the site...just wish I wouldn't have to deal with the rest of the crap...ie the entire BS forum.

kev

Just curious.. So in the case of SQC what is the mod's responsibility beyond deleting and stickying posts? Are mods required to add to or improve the site in any way, beyond what the average member does regarding answering questions in virtual mechanic, etc?

Like others have said, SQC will stagnate without fun, fresh content. That includes silly threads like the words thread and the random picture thread. If the mods list is five deep but the only function is responding to flag reports (or worse, policing threads for things that they personally don't like), then you don't even need five mods, just a couple with the time to do the task. If the idea is for mods to do write ups, tutorials, videos (yes videos), and to enrich the site then having more, active mods is a good idea. The site is what we make it.

When there are enough disgruntled SQC members to populate a few other SQ forums, maybe it's time to think about that..

Just my .02

Why can't all of the items you stated above be part of the club members responsibility? The club is what YOU as a member make it to be.

The moderators responsibility is to enforce the policies generated be the administrators of the site. It is NOT to create little games to keep club members amused.

Kev

• Like 1

I seem to be on here more than i would like to be at times.

So, with that said.......If there is something I can do to help, I would love to.

Also,in my opinion this place has been so quiet lately.

Hardly an arguement like days in the past.

Dont seem to have any where near the traffic it used to.

Just saying