Big Brake Kits? Front and possibly rear?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 87SupraStar

87SupraStar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

I know this has been a topic of many posts and one off brake kits made for 3k, mustang, and other pots and rotors. But I had an interesting response from revolution brakes this morning.

“Thank you for your inquiry, yes the 302mm kit is designed to clear your OE
wheels, the 330mm kit will require minimum diameter 17" wheels.

I have attached our fitment templates with instructions for both kits to
allow you to confirm clearance with certainty.

As to the rear kit, we have a rough design ready, if we can generate enough
interest we will offer it to all interested parties.

Please reply or phone with any further questios, we are happy to assist.

Kevin T
Revolution Brake LLC”

That being said they have a rough design for a rear kit if they can develop enough interest!  Would any one on the board be interested in a rear brake kit?

Posted Image

#2 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

1800 to 2400 for the front kits. Wow.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#3 87SupraStar

87SupraStar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:09 PM

There going for 1109 on on there website. For the 12” front rotor kit. There price sheet seems a little out of date if that’s what your looking at. 1109 is still steep but consider it comes with rotor, caliper, pads, brackets, lines, and hardware for the front.

Edited by 87SupraStar, 15 July 2019 - 05:29 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

All that really needs to happen is someone make an adapter plate for Wilwood calipers or Cadillac ATS-V calipers. The ATS can be had for around 140 a caliper and they are smaller Brembo 4 pots.

I recently got a brake kit for my Miata for around 1800 front and rear. The rears are also 4 pots with cable parking brake option. Granted a Miata is more mass produced but that kit included the lines, pads (BP20 and BP10), the adapter brackets with all hardware, the parking brake cables, calipers, adjustable proportioning valve, and I purchased DBA rotors separately but those are included in that total.

The hardest part is coming up with a bracket that can be mass produced. If you could find an old wilwood setup they used to make and copy that the total cost could be in the range of 2k versus having to pay 1800-2400 for just the fronts.

#5 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,021 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:48 PM

I'd be interested in a front & rear kit.
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#6 Mech

Mech

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,261 posts
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:50 AM

I'm in the market for a brake upgrade.

Funny i just sent revolution an email asking the same question you did about clearance.

With all the big brake setups and group purchases that have happened in the past, someone doesn't have a clear answer?  As mentioned, a lot of money can be saved with piecing your own setup together....

What we need is someone to make a bracket(s), then tell us exactly what we need to buy. You need this, this and this.

#7 Mech

Mech

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,261 posts
  • Interests:Starquests
  • Model:Other

Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:39 PM

I just sent Kevin at revolution a response, asking about potentially getting a group purchase/buy going for the kits.  Might help if others interested asked him too.

#8 87SupraStar

87SupraStar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

View PostMech, on 27 July 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

I just sent Kevin at revolution a response, asking about potentially getting a group purchase/buy going for the kits.  Might help if others interested asked him too.

Most definitely helps. That’s the thing they need people to contact them and ask for them if not they will never get made. You can make some cheaper by putting in more fab work and buying eBay rotors calipers pads and lines. I would buy tooling to make them, but by then I am in way deeper than just buying a kit for tools I would rarely use.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users