AEM FIC-8 setup

Hey y'all I have an fic8 I plan on piggy backing with my stock ecu to get a little more tunability. I figured I'd start a topic about this in case anyone has any input. Heres my current setup so far.

86 conquest with a rebuilt (stock) bottom, non jet head with some valve work, stock cam

89 ecu running factory l and m injectors

2nd gen maf translator

Adjustable fpr

14g turbo had been sent off and upgraded to a big 16g with a td06 turbine wheel (stock housing bored to fit) running 15 psi at the moment due to lack of wideband.

I got the fic from my buddy who owed me money so I figured I would put it to use. It can accept various different trigger options and has an internal map sensor from what I understand so I could theoretically remove the maf t or keep it for more accurate readings.

Before install I will purchase a wideband sensor. Most likely the new boost/wideband combo that aem offers so I can remove my a pillar setup and put it into the stock boost gauge location.

---off topic, I also have questions about the maf t. I have a 3" sensor but the car runs like crap in that mode. It runs perfect in 3.5" maf mode with the current settings:

Aux 0 Base 2 Idle E Mid 0 WOT 1

Any recommendations to change it? my car is an 86 but its harness was setup for the 6 pin maf and 87 ecu. I changed to an 88 after my heater core leaked coolant onto my 87 ecu and fried it. Production date on the chassis is 1/86 but is it possible to have a half year?

I appreciate yall taking the time to read this and make an suggestions

I do not know that any one here has tried it. The fic 8 should work good if you take the time to learn it. Data logging is key to getting results. At some point you may need to up size the injectors a little. The secondary should be about 75-80 % bigger than the primary. The fic 6 will not work on these cars, but you said it is a 8 so give it a go.