Started my D2 install... need a pointer or 2

Ok , so i started my D2 install yesterday... i started on the rear ones have everything unbolted, but the bottom of the assembly doesnt want to come out of the mount, im sure because of the years of rusting together ,,, any tips to getting it out of there? and will i need to compress the spring to get it out of there?

You gotta pull the thru bolt all the way out. The bottom of the strut housing has a groove in it where the bolt passes through.

I don't think you'll need a spring compressor. Just unbolt the sway bar and axles and drop the control arm down.

You gotta pull the thru bolt all the way out. The bottom of the strut housing has a groove in it where the bolt passes through.

I don't think you'll need a spring compressor. Just unbolt the sway bar and axles and drop the control arm down.

that Thru bolt really dont want to come out,, the Nut came off easy...Bigger hammer ?

put the nut on the end of the bolt so you dont damage it, then try twisting the bolt with a wrench and tapping the nut end with a hammer.. apply PB blaster, in large amounts.. clean the bolt good before it goes back in.. once you get it out the strut should come out pretty easy. if it doesnt you may have to take a chisel and spread the pinch joint a little.

The before mentioned hammer tapping is the way to go , hit it anyhere you can that wont damage it,like on the hub carrier too, that will fracture the rusted togetherness off it, especially if you have an air hammer. Even a few good smacks on the bolt head(may need long chisel) like your driving a nail, i know that sounds wrong like you want it to move the other way but it will crack the rust seal so to speak.

ive been beating on it , being careful not to damage the bolt,soaked again last after i gave in, so im hoping i can get it later.... is that thru bolt special, is there a replacment?

blast it with PB Blaster all around, get the bolt to rotate. You might wanna try taking some channel locks and a large flat head screw driver and try to separate that gap and use channel locks to close it. Get more PB Blaster in there and tap at the bolt to get it loose.

Not a special bolt, I think Mitsu still carries it. NudeLobster had issues with it and he bought new ones.

lots o PB Blast + turning the Bolt bit by bit+ screwdriver as a wedge & an asssload of patience got it off,,, thanks for the tips 1 down 3 to go !

what is the best way to set the d2's for a starting point, close to normal height, or a bit lower, i kinda know how i want her to sit, just want the best staring point