Went Treasure Hunting This Weekend

devilsfutbol17

So I set out Saturday to look at two truck located about 45 mins south of my at a Pick n pull in search of a 4g63 wideblock. Well both trucks were narrow blocks. So then I went another 30 minutes south to look at another truck and Pick n pulls website was wrong because it said it was an automatic. Well I returned home beaten down a bit.

I did some more research Saturday night and decided to go with the 4g64. So I headed up to Canada to look at a 90 Ram 50 that was suppose to be an automatic, well it turned out to be a manual but it still had the wideblock!!! So about an hour and a half later we got the engine and tranny out and I took the block with the engine mounts. Well then my buddy saw an eagle talon in the yard and so we checked it out. Well it turned out to be a TSi and the head was in immaculate condition. The head was either just cleaned, rebuilt, or new (doubt it). So we snatched up the head and bolted it to the block to make the purchase for a complete longblock. I also grabbed the engine harness and part of the body harness because I plan to run dsmlink.

Then we went across the street to the import pick n pull to check out a turbo rx7 because my buddy wanted the diff. Well the diff turned out to be the wrong one, but he pointed out to me that transmission was the one starquesters use. So I pulled that transmission out pretty easily and took that as well.

Overall it was a pretty good hual, I got all the major components for my Conquest from the junk yard, so it was cheap, plus it was all 50% off. I paid $350 for the block(oil pan to the deck), the head with injectors, intake manifold, fuel rail, cas, and the throttle body, an engine harness, most of the body harness, a Turbo II rx7 tranny, and the rx7 drive shaft.

Edited by devilsfutbol17