• 14 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

Asking $11,000 - Sold $10,000
1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi Coupe
2.6L Turbo Charged / Intercooled I-4 Engine
5-Speed Manual Transmission
Black Exterior, Black Leather Interior
Options: Leather Seats, Air-conditioning & Floormats (No Sunroof)
54,200 miles

Up for sale is my Black 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi Coupe.  I have owned the car for the past 2-½ years.  The car was owned by a close friend (original purchaser).  Her husband passed away 3 years ago & she was not be able to keep the car since she was relocating & did not have a place to keep it.  They were very meticulous with the car & changed the oil every 2K-2.5K miles.  Car’s history: purchased in Ohio, moved to Florida, moved to Texas & retired to Michigan.  Spent the majority of its life in Florida & Texas.  The car was always garage kept & never driven in the snow or rain.  It is an unmolested original car that has never been modified or abused.  They loved this car.  A binder with all the original purchase paperwork, sales brochure, service/repair manuals & repair receipts come with the car (as well as electronic media files).  I am not really wanting to sell the car but retirement is coming and I need to pare down as well.

The car still has its original factory decals & black paint in excellent condition with no clearcoat peeling or thinning.  The leather interior is still soft & supple & like new with no tears or seams pulling apart.  The dash pad, door panels, carpet & rest of the interior are like new & the original floormats are in very good condition.  The factory wheels are also in excellent condition.  The car has never been in an accident & there is absolutely no body rust or accident damage.  There are a couple of door dings but not thru the paint (nothing that a PDR shop could not handle).  The car’s mechanicals were “freshened” up some years ago (~14K miles ago): new manual transmission clutch, new brakes & new tires.  I installed new front shocks & rear struts less than 500 miles ago.  New battery was installed (Apr-2017).  A/C-System refurbished (Oct-2018) with new low pressure switch, evaporator valve & fresh R-12 charge, so the a/c-system blows nice cold air.  Every mechanical and electrical system in the car functions like new & there are no issues at all with this car other than the door dings.  The car is still fast, runs strong & could be driven anywhere.  I have put 1,500 trouble free miles the past 2-years.

I will be listing the car for sale elsewhere this spring after the weather breaks.  PM me or call 248-342-7782 if seriously interested.  Please don’t expect lowball offers to be seriously considered.  I am not extremely active on the site so calling would be better.

Attached Files

Edited by Alan D. Widgren, 30 April 2019 - 06:46 AM.

Alan

#2 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

The Car is clean! very nice.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#3 MattG

MattG

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

Very nice Conquest. I had a few friends who had these back in high school in the mid 90s and they have been among my favorite cars of all time since...yet despite owning over 50 cars Iíve never had one. I am always looking for a nice, low mileage, stock one to buy. My wife thinks Iím insane but I told her if I find the right car I will sell my 1989 SHO for it. Ideally Iíd like an 88 or 89 but condition and mileage are more important than the year. There seem to be a decent number (well as far as how rare these are) for sale now that fit my criteria. The 2k mile on Sothebyís is auctioning is the cream of the crop but itís in Germany and it will probably bring more than I want to spend. Thereís a 30k mile 89 in California but the pictures seem to indicate the condition isnít what youíd expect for a low mileage car. Other than being an 87 your car fits all the criteria. Sorry for the long message but I just joined this forum after years of browsing simply to view the pics of your car. I live in PA so my SHO is hibernating under a cover in the garage but when the weather breaks I may try to move it in order to make a play on your car if you still have it. I donít ďneedĒ to sell my car first for any reason other than my wife will kill me if I add another car to the fleet. Iíll keep an eye on this post and closer to spring I may contact you regarding it. Thank you.

#4 PSiTSi

PSiTSi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:Endoscopy Repair Tech.

Hockey, DSM's, 3S's and Starquest's.

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:43 AM

I remember talking to you about this car at last years woodward dream cruise. GLWS.
2009 Pontiac G8 - 1989 Jeep Comanche - 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSi

#5 twoshady

twoshady

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:22 AM

knock 14k off the mileage, add an 83 hood, and this was my car when i first bought it in the early 90's.  ah the memories...

#6 Alan D. Widgren

Alan D. Widgren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:42 PM

Other than having a "For Sale" on the dash at a few local car shows, this is the first I have really advertised it for sale.  Wasn't in too much of a hurry to sell it, but too many cars don't fit the garage well. 4 cars in a 3 car garage makes it tight to do anything on cars, especially when there is snow outside.
Alan

#7 Speedy2222

Speedy2222

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:26 PM

Beautiful car, Would it be possible for you to email me the pictures of this car? Speedy2222@gmail.com

#8 Alan D. Widgren

Alan D. Widgren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:53 AM

Car sold February-22, new owner flew in March-8 and cannonballed it from lower Michigan to southern tip of Florida March-9.
Alan

#9 Alan D. Widgren

Alan D. Widgren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:18 AM

Car driven 1315 miles to new home in Florida.
Alan

#10 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

Awesome.  

What was the selling price?  We like to keep up with prime clean examples.   So we can see how the pricing landscape is changing for these cars.

#11 Alan D. Widgren

Alan D. Widgren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

Got taken for $1K by some slick IM'g. Car sold for $10K.
Alan

#12 Alan D. Widgren

Alan D. Widgren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:30 AM

Had offer to "kill the deal already committed to" for $12.5K.  Buyer already had travel arrangements and sent a deposit  Could not shaft him.
Alan

#13 AbsurdParadox

AbsurdParadox

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:92 3000GT VR-4

Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:55 AM

I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate the price reports.

#14 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:45 AM

View PostAlan D. Widgren, on 15 March 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Got taken for $1K by some slick IM'g. Car sold for $10K.

Explain.  What do you mean taken by IM'g???

#15 Alan D. Widgren

Alan D. Widgren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:38 AM

I was asking $11K.  Buyer got pictures, contacted me and said he wanted car.  No discussion about lower offer.  I said okay I would hold car.  Then buyer says he will send $1k deposit & bring $9K balance in cash.  I did not catch this & say ok. Then when I notice it and question it, he says that was his offer.  So, I agreed to it.  Next time I sell a car, will pay closer attention to IM's.
Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users