EBay: OEM Chrysler Conquest TSI SHP Aluminum Mitusbishi Starion 16x9 16X7 rims wheels

I messaged the seller and let them know that a set of SHP wheels were in fact 16x8 and 16x9. Not with a two 7's lol

Allen

Hey Allen... on the listing he noted: 16X9 SHP/16X7 TSI, @ least when I just took a look; maybe edited it from your correction? ;)

Hey Allen... on the listing he noted: 16X9 SHP/16X7 TSI, @ least when I just took a look; maybe edited it from your correction? ;)

^i seen that as well, however, as mentioned, those rears are 16x8's lol not 9's, this guy doesnt know what hes talking about

I sent him a msg telling him that they are 7s and 8s not 7s and 9s and he responded saying they are 9s. I explained again that they are not and I would be happy to send him pictures of the difference, and that they have been posted here as well and everyone agrees that they are 8s not 9s. We will see if he changes it or continues to try to sell misrepresented parts.

BC_99

edit:

This guy doesnt get it. So I ask you all to please click the link and bombard this guy with msg's stating that he is trying to sell 8" rears as 9" rears. Here is a copy/paste of our dialogue.

origional msg from me:

Dear detroitvintagewheels,

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that you have the wheels listed incorrectly. They are a very nice set of stock 7" fronts and 8" rears. The size will be on the back of one of the spokes, but the easiest way to tell an SHP wheel from a standard TSI wheel, is the JMF stamp on the spoke nearest the valve stem will be in a recessed box on an SHP wheel. Sorry, to give you the bad news,but those wheels although they are very nice they are worth about $500-$600 to the right person in that condition.

his response:

The rears are 9". Only have 7" to pair them up with. Thanks for your note!

Me to him:

Dear detroitvintagewheels,

Thats what I am trying to explain to you. You dont have 9" rears. Those are standard 8" rears. You are misrepresenting what you are selling. I can send you pictures of the difference if you'd like. These have already been posted on starquestclub.com and everyone who looks at the listing says the same thing. I have around 4 sets of both and have 3 of these cars. If you sell these to someone as SHP rears, then that person isnt going to get what they are trying to buy. I just wanted to inform you and hopefully keep someone from getting a disappointing suprise when they get them.

BC

His responses:

They are 9. I have them. You do not. Read it.

followed right after by:

Look here...I own the firstest alminum vintage wheel restoration company in the world. I have restored several sets of tsi and shp wheels. I've owned a few of the cars too. I know what I have...because I have them. You assume I don't know...ASSUME. The listing is for the wheels I have stated they are. Exactly. Feel free to call me the owner, Scott, if You want to continue to argue with me. Its futile with you here. Your not buying them anyway so stop playing this role you are playing. Please. I don't have anything more to say to you. But thanks for looking.

So I responded with this:

Well thats great for you, but I dont assume anything. I know you dont know what you have because the wheels pictured are clearly NOT SHP wheels. I'll be happy to call you, or send you pictures, I will however need a phone number. Im not trying to be a jerk. I just dont wanna see some innocent consumer get screwed on the deal. You can choose to be the reputable wheel restorer you claim to be or another lowlife ebay scammer, selling lies and junk on the internet. Its your reputation man, no skin off my back. But you should know that about 90-95% of your target market,(starion/conquest owners) will read this dialogue. Cheers,

BC

Edited by BC_99

He lists both 4 and 5 lug bolt patterns...see description below

Item specifics

Condition:

Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab ... Read moreabout the condition Rim Material: Alloy Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3, 5x114.3 Rim Width: 9, 7 Rim Brand: OEM FACTORY MITSU Rim Diameter: 16 Rim Structure: Two Piece Number of Bolts: 5

The whole SHP is a moniker made by the North american dealerships.

It was copied from the chevrolet performance catalog,

so it was an easy association used as a name recognition.

Mitsubishi had not established it's own catalog for performace parts and acessories yet,

and the name given to their own division of those was Ralliart,

The Starion after the Galant and Lancer in homologation was one of the first in what

prestigeious name designations of performance parts idenities?

Do any of you know? (three letters)

What happens to add to the confusion of the whole SHP correlation is in 88/89,

it was assumed all 88/89 model years were SHP equipped vehicles,

since no one really knew (at that time) what it included.

Edited by Metric-man

Look here...I own the firstest alminum vintage wheel restoration company in the world. I have restored several sets of tsi and shp wheels. I've owned a few of the cars too. I know what I have...because I have them. You assume I don't know...ASSUME. The listing is for the wheels I have stated they are. Exactly. Feel free to call me the owner, Scott, if You want to continue to argue with me. Its futile with you here. Your not buying them anyway so stop playing this role you are playing. Please. I don't have anything more to say to you. But thanks for looking.

You should really confuse him and ask if he has any ESI wheels.

BC... it was righteous of you to take the time to explain/write the seller/owner. But "education" is just not in the cards for him on this subject. We know these wheels, he obviously doesn't. Shame, they appear to be nicely done. (although a bit above average pricing <_< ) But, that would be expected; from the "firstest" aluminum vintage wheel restoration company in the world. ;)

One way to report his auction to EBay...

1. go to the listing

2. scroll down until you see "Report Listing" on the right side of screen

3. In Report Category drop-down, select "Listing Practices"

4. In Reason For Report drop-down, select "Search and Browse Manipulation"

5. In Detailed Reason drop-down, select "Misleading Title"

6. Then click Continue

7. Then click Send Report

Takes all of a minute and will blow up his dispute resolution alerts.

Another way to report his Auction to Ebay...

1. Go to listing

2. scroll down until you see "Report Listing" on the right side of screen

3. In Report Category drop-down, select "Listing Practices"

4. In Reason For Report drop-down, select "Fraudulent Listing Activities"

5. In Detailed Reason drop-down, select "You suspect that listing is fraudulent"

6. Then click Continue

7. Then click Send Report

Ebay will take both of these reports from one member about an auction.