Charles from Virginia

CharlesE221

Hello everyone, bought mine a year or so ago. Had many things that I've been going around and fixing. New exhaust system, re-sealed fuel tank, new clutch master cylinder, and probably a bunch of other stuff I've since forgotten since I've gotten it. A decent chunk of the interior is missing but I'm not too pressed on finding new parts for it. I'll probably try and get some 3D printed. I know the quality may not be exact but it's better then nothing I supposed.

Currently one of my last biggest obstacles is the dash. I have the Technica digital dash but it doesn't work all to great. Some of the lights such as the battery light and the dimmer lights work, but the main ones don't appear to work unless it's left on after a while and even then it doesn't always do cut on. Would anyone know of any good places to send it for repair? I am under the impression that it is bad solders on some resistors, but I do not know much about circuitry to even know if that's correct. When I first checked it had a bunch of gunk on it that I cleaned off with IPA but it still doesn't work entirely.

Still working on my days off but hopeful the year of work will be worth it. Any suggestions on dash would be much appreciated and thank you.

car.jpg

That gunk was the electrolytic capacitors puking their guts out, I had to replace most of mine on the board.  You can get the specs off the outside of the capacitors to replace them.  Tedious but doable.

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, scott87star said:

That gunk was the electrolytic capacitors puking their guts out, I had to replace most of mine on the board.  You can get the specs off the outside of the capacitors to replace them.  Tedious but doable.

also make sure when you re-cap the polarity of the capacitors is the same, there is a line on the side of the capacitor to indicate

Welcome, great to have another on the road getting fixed up. There are many resources for repairs and mods here.