Where do you get your music?

vbrad511

I just debugged a friends computer for the last time. She picked something up from Limewire again , so I've uninstalled the program. It was actually her grandkids, but they can't do it anymore now. So is there a decent site to go to to DL music safely? Even a pay site is fine. It'd be good for the g-kids too. They'd have to earn the songs. Suggestions?

the best way to get free music is to torrent it. use u torrent as your client

got to mininova.net, isohunt.com, or thepiratebay.org to get your torrents.

as long as you check the comments on whatever you are getting to make sure it is real first you should be fine

just to be safe use Peer Guardian 2 when you are torrenting, you can get it from Phoenix Lab

if you want to pay for your music idk itunes but i rly don't know where you can buy high quality stuff like FLAC or stuff without copy protection.

I use Limewire Pro for individual songs and it works great so long as you know what your downloading.

Demonoid.com for torrents

Now if your going to be paying for them I would raphsody because you get unlimited downloads for a monthly fee and itunes if you want to just buy the songs each.

what is kceasy? and can someone explain to me the purpose of a torrent? if limewire is so bad where else to get free music? don't scold me for this

torrent is basically a type of file format recognized by torrent programs such as BitLord ( it's what I use )

Basically you find a torrent for an entire music album or say a movie, within that torrent is the file itself, so you click the torrent which opens up the program, and it downloads the file that is inside said torrent.

www.bitlord.com

to search for torrents

www.isohunt.com

• 2 weeks later...

Lol@ your bit torrent description =)

bit torrent is Peer to Peer (or p2p) so it is like limewire as you're downloading from someone else, but it better because people flag bad files. And you get the files from multiple people, not just one person.

www.utorrent.com - popular

www.demonoid.com - popular, but registration only open on weekends, or to invited people, if you ask around you might get an invite to join whenever. Don't pay for one, as they're free anyways.

Learn about port forwarding if you're using torrents, it makes them go a lot quicker, just google, port forwarding. it's easy.

Lastly someone mentioned peer guardian 2, Get that update the block lists and make sure it says "allow http" or your browser won't work. also if you're in college you'll need to turn off educational site blocking when you want to access libraries. =)