• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 bthotrod

bthotrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Don't know if anyone follows my Instagram but turns out the 302 for my Conquest is also locked up.. turned over fine before it was installed. Still have my daily driver down too... been lied to by the junkyard and have been waiting on a replacement engine for over a month now. Literally having to share a car with my Dad, which is never fun. Sorry that this build has been put off for so long, I've just had some pretty terrible luck and timing.

In the mean time, I did get the entire fuel system sorted out, the tank cleaned, new pump in, etc etc. One less thing to worry about. I'll post some pictures of the fuel system to the flickr I made for it. ( Link is https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfEKiz7  )

#22 bthotrod

bthotrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

Update again, finally got a break from school thanks to Hurricane Harvey and went down to the garage this weekend. The ranger (daily driver) motor got replaced about a month ago, and I finally started back work on my car.

GREAT news, after pulling the transmission turns out my engine wasn't locked up! Just the trans. After filling the trans with new gear oil and providing some leverage I also got it freed up! While I was at it, I put a new oil pan in my car (since it turned out that it had a rusted-through pinhole and was dripping oil! And now I'm putting it back together.

Basically I'm now at a point of having a working trans & working, freed-up engine! WAY more motivated on this project, and finally have some more funds. Whenever school calms down I'm going to get some progress made! WOOHOO!!

#23 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, and Brewing Belgian Ale.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

Keep it going!
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners
1998 BMW 528i 5 Speed because the Suburban gets 10 MPG

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: youtube, v8, t5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users