• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

Not sure to be happy or .......? Use your imagination it's better that way . So I am a proud owner of  ( July 1986 )  Mitsubishi Starion White with dark maroon interior five speed intercooled.  Paint is ruff . But oddly enough for having 206,000 miles . It's in very good condition. But then Mitsubishi did make solid cars in that time .  But even under the car . Bushings have been replaced in it's life no seen damage under side beside some bad placed Jack's .  But one thing that never seen love was the torque tube spline haha . I have very little knowledge as to what and when the engine was last worked on .  If it been ss deleted . I am sure it has . It has manual rockers .  🤔 Would the roller rockers from a 4d56 fit and be an improvement ... Up graded turbo ( big )  get back with that info .. maf trans . Unknown version at time . Plx afr gauge . Fuel regulator on return line ?? .  I know fuel pressure is good . Idles at 36. And goes up as boost increase . Boost set to 15 but unsure .. need to find best location for after market gauge . 2.5 down pipe , straight piped . Very ruff and needs a few improvements  .   But hey build it , brake it , make it better ..

Ever wonder why there was never a lot of after market parts for Mitsubishi?   Out side of engine . Hard to brake 80s Mitsubishi drive train . Out side of the beautiful g54b

Vehicles I have owned of relevance

89 Dodge raider  ( gas ) 3 heads 2 blocks
Legal owner 3 different times .

86 Montero 2.3td ( 4d55 ) off road pk

87 Montero 2.5td ( 4d56 )

91 Dodge steath tt  only had it for 30 days . Not stock and crazy fast .

Anyone ever have a torque spline and gear strip out while driving??

#2 87redcat

87redcat

9 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, working on the new house while dust collects on my wife's quest and on my quest
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

Welcome aboard Ipjkcu!
http://www.starquest...hp?showforum=73
Heres a nicecsection on cams we have and explains about swapping the rockers too.

Theres been a few guys selling off their stuff so you might find what you need. Search the parts for sale thread and throw out a few PM's to those guys.
Sometimes the site gets slow on traffic but it always pics up.  Im sure you'll get a reply.
Ask away with questions we're here to help
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#3 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

One of our members was looking into having some new torque tubes produced. Can't remember who though?
Welcome & we need pictures!!
Run's with scizzor's

#4 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,704 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Welcome!

#5 Vuouymons

Vuouymons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Car Meets, Sitting Sideways, Racing, Motorcycles, Motorsports

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hey hey, I got my first one this year, I have a 87 Conquest Model, they are fun little cars

Red 87' Chrysler Conquest TSi
Rebuilding and Modding

#6 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:51 AM

A few for you guys . I have a lead on a rear sub frame from ??? Low miles 70,xxx hmm but have not heard back from him . Hopefull .. and then there is a 86 that is a complete nice looking low miles for sale for cheap . 550

Attached Files

#7 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:52 AM

Let's try a link

http://offerup.co/lLdq/BC1TydveHG

To the 550 car .

#8 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Aww she looks good a little lube and toss her back in

Attached Files

#9 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

Nice. Couple things, keep the mech rockers they are better once they are dialed in. Didn't come on the later cars, probably for maintenance reasons or to make it a little quieter. As for the FPR, it's supposed to be on the return line, but at 36 PSI it's set at stock pressure. Have fun.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#10 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

I like that air dam.  Really starting to like some of these cars that look like they've been through a battle.  That one for sale looks amazing for $550 and is probably a stupid fix to get it going again.

#11 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Mostly a head gasket or lower end.  Not to many of these cars die for the one wore fix 😋 . But when you have the tools and the know how it's easy and cheap really as long as you don't put top of the line today and bearings . Keep it simple and moderate power . Of you want big power engine swap . I may in the future go with a stock twin turbo 2jz. As for the air dam some lawn edging I had laying around.  Next is the right rims . And some cheap fender flares where I don't hack the fenders .  Kinda going for a crappy wannabe drift car look that people laugh at until there getting passed on the track and wanting to run times that there cars are simple capable of doing with the right touches and driver

#12 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

On a side note currently looking into some two way adjustable drop in shock cartages.  A few slight mods to make them work but cheap easy way to have decent amount of custom set ups

#13 Ipjkcu

Ipjkcu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Ok so just picked up the 500 dollor parts car that is going to be the daily hoonigan . The white ones going in the shop going to get completely tore down and some crazy engine stuffed under it. 2JZ, 3.5 EcoBoost unsure yet.

#14 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Ecoboost would be a cool original swap. They can make crazy power.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#15 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Either one you can buy a Quick Time bell housing that bolts up to a T56.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users