D2' height adjustment and Spring Preload

preload depends on type of driving.

It all depends on amount of available shock travel. Street cars generally should have around 30% strut compression up front and 50% out back. This means if the car was sitting on the ground, 70% of the strut should be visible. So if you see say 80%, you have too much preload. Loosen up the spring.

My car is setup with 50%.

With out correct preload, it throws your cars balance off.

I recommend measuring from a constant point (somewhere that wont change with your spring adjustments) to the top of the spring. then start your adjustments. Say your measurement was 10", Id wind it up an inch and see where that leaves you. Leave you shocks set in the middle of the adjustment window. (16-20 clicks. cant remember if they are 36way or not)

When you think all four are set, go for a twisty drive with some 0-60 and hard braking. Once preload is set, then play with shock adjustment.

Hope that helps.

found this from D2 FAQ

http://www.d2racing.com/support/faq/

3. How do I preload the springs on my coilovers?

The springs on your full coilover should already be preloaded out of the box (Always verify this prior to installation). The spring itself should be snug up against the top of the coilover and the locking perches at the bottom should be snug up against the bottom of the spring. The spring should not have any free play or be able to move up or down. Do not crank down on the spring and cause it to compress as this can result in an unpleasant ride quality.

I'll be adjusting mine this weekend, first drift event was nasty, it would load up and snap hard on the transitions. My buddys who have 4+years exp couldn't get it around a single corner without snapping into a spin out haha

Better weight transfer and dist.

They say "can", not "will"

Doing a burn out "will" wear your tires out

A proper burnout "will" assist in a better launch.

Speeding "can" result in a crash. So "can" driving the speed limit.

They say not to so they dont have to hear people complain when they do it incorrectly.

I want the springs to react sooner to sudden changes and assist the shocks.

Edited by Funky Phil
  • Like 1