"Color" Stereo Wiring Diagram for 1988 Conquest TSi

natallica

I was going through the FSM and figuring out my harness wiring to install a new Sony head unit in my Quest. During my research I found many guys were having trouble reading the diagram and/or dealing with 'butchering' of the original harness (as I was).

I've created this color diagram as a reference for those of you who need it. It looks a little crude but it works. It took me a few hours but hopefully it will save you the same...not sure how to request to "pin" something in a forum but if you deem it necessary, it's fine by me.

Thanks for checkin it out! Hope this helps someone. :)

-N8

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/StereoWiringDiagram-Colorcopy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
nice diagram ! is this the stock setup ? just posted this same issue. have one wire that is 10v switched. my wiring is butchered, and short... is there an exernal amp stock ? and if so, where is/was it mounted ? thanks, C300

If I remember correctly, the amp was integrated into the factory head unit. And yes this is a stock setup...Mine was butchered also and I wanted to read the codes and take the FSM page and color code the wires, then I figured I share!

The only problem I had was there are 2 blue/white ACC wires...and I had my switched on my new harness. For some reason when I switched them, my new head unit worked.

-N8

deffinatly helps me. as i just said in another post, i think the stereo was stolen(ripped) out of this car in the past. streched wires, some missing or short. had no head and punch tweets in the door but the 5 1/4" missing. punch ph-58's in the back. no crossovers so there not much good even with the set. the monster cable survived, along with fused runs off the battery :-)