How to bypass the Temp Sensor for the OD

I Cant find where the Temp sensor wire goes to for the OD from the diagrams, I dont have the factory harness in and I need the auto OD to work. I dont need to have it go by temp I can just turn it off untill its warmed up. Anyone know which wire I need to ground out? I am pretty sure that is what I did before to bypass that sensor.

One wire on the connector is for the factory temp gauge, so ground one of them and if the temp gauge goes to full hot its the other one.

You should hear the OD sylonoid click when you ground the correct one.

Hope this helps.

The engine harness is compleatly removed (MPI) so I don't have any of those sensor or wires in the car And I am having a hard time finding the wires or even sensors on the wiring diagram.

Well I don't have the switch at all so even if everything is working perfect i need to either get that sensor switch, or bypass the use of it (ground it out) I found a blown fuse I think hapend when i was playing around with the wiring, replaced that so hopefully everything will work. Also found my kick down sensor was not engaging since too far adjusted, and wasn't making contact.

Got my OD to work!!!

Seams the wire going from the OD relay to the B38 Plug is broken somewhere under the dash. I had to bypass straight from the back of the relay plug to get it to work. Plus I adjusted my OD band seams it was very loose turned it about 2 full revolutions without any tension. And I did just ground that out instead of use the sensor I can just use the button on the shifter to let it warm up before using OD.

Still need to adjust my Shift Linkage its not easy to get it in the right gear and sometimes it will slip out of Park to revers :mellow: not good lol. Also it wasnt shifting out of 2nd gear when driving hard, maybe my vacume modual is bad?

Got my OD to work!!!

Seams the wire going from the OD relay to the B38 Plug is broken somewhere under the dash. I had to bypass straight from the back of the relay plug to get it to work. Plus I adjusted my OD band seams it was very loose turned it about 2 full revolutions without any tension. And I did just ground that out instead of use the sensor I can just use the button on the shifter to let it warm up before using OD.

Still need to adjust my Shift Linkage its not easy to get it in the right gear and sometimes it will slip out of Park to revers :mellow: not good lol. Also it wasnt shifting out of 2nd gear when driving hard, maybe my vacume modual is bad?

I got some real thick o-rings at ace hardware and stuck them in the holes in the linkage, worked like a charm :)

Edited by The Rabbit1

• 9 months later...

Got my OD to work!!!

any info on this will help out, I am the same way, I am mpi with no harness ....which wire on the B-38 connector?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
the sensor swt changes color going thru the B38 connector on the car side it's a yellow blue wire , simply ground this wire comeing out of the B38 connector and you should have OD if the other part of the circuit is working