finders keepers

v8starion

My friend pulled this out of a bank owned/forclosed house he was winterizing. He is usually stuck cleaning up after horders & turning in lawn junk for scrap. Untill he got this unicorn today. His boss said tow it home, just get it out of here. No motor/trans in it but its on a pallet. the front diff was in the trunk with a 96mm TB, AEM still shinked in the box and lot of parts. No windshield. No title but you cant reg it anyway. What do you think is worth all cleaned up?? Edited by v8starion

I think boosted is right. After 25 years the import regulations go away. I don't know this for a fact but have herd it from a few different places. I would look into that before I began parting or making it a race car. I did see a rhd r34 two years ago for the spring meet down in ocmd. I was in shock! The guy was just out cruising the strip with us late at night.

Yes 25 yrs or older it's exempt, maybe not in California. :angry: A lot of people register them as 240sx's.

Ive heard this is true in some states.

I had no idea. Some people have vehicles and not have titles at all in some states and drive them with plates????

In ohio it's just very hard to get a title for anything thats not yours.

Ive heard this is true in some states.

I had no idea. Some people have vehicles and not have titles at all in some states and drive them with plates????

In ohio it's just very hard to get a title for anything thats not yours.

Because a Skyline is the same as a 240SX...

i know......but thats not at all what im saying.

basically in ohio it seems like we have 2 options buy a car with a title or scrap a car without a title.(cant even scrap a car without a title some places now)

Just very hard to get a title and plates for a car here to drive it on the road legaly.

in some states you dont even need to have a title to own a car and put plates on it.

There is a down side to that you register it as a 240 but it's a skyline and if it was involved

in a accident or totaled you'd get 240 money and not skyline paper? What happens when you take the vin to

DMV and it comes up skyline when entered into there data base for the registration?

Vermont being one of those States. PA, forget it. Just to buy a car there you have to put insurance on it and both the seller and buyer have to be in front of a notory to sign everything. Here in TN, the seller just signs the back of the title, hands it over to you. I'll held titles like that for years before I regestered the car.lol

I'd check with the DMV and figure out how to register that beast

Yea i bought my car from north carolina and got insurance and when to register it they said the

title needed to be notarized by the seller. I sent it back there and got it back in a weeks time.

I didn't want to have to go down there again 12 hour trip each way driving.

Yea i bought my car from north carolina and got insurance and went to register it they said the

title needed to be notarized by the seller. I sent it back there and got it back in a weeks time.

I didn't want to have to go down there again 12 hour trip each way driving.

Ga is great about that. Just don't put a date on the title when the seller signs it over and you can hold it forever or even flip it without dealing with registration. Older than 25 and you just need a piece of paper saying you payed 10$ lol

Yes 25 yrs or older it's exempt, maybe not in California. :angry: A lot of people register them as 240sx's.

Not sure about that. I've seen quite a few registered Skyline's on the streets and at shows. My friend has one, right hand drive and all. He's got one of the Fast And Furious Skylines and it's registered. We've been to the racetrack in it.

That sucker is worth puttjng an engine in it and just having all the fun you want. It's a hell of a find. Now go out and buy yourself a lotto ticket, you never know.