Runs fine til o2 sensor code goes off

TSIREX

Tps code blinks five times but didn't have this issue when it was on. I can unplug the o2 sensor and it runs fine. What it's doing is going lean every so often jumps afr's from 14 to 16.5 at idle and occasionally at a red light. Doesn't do it until car is warmed up. It's a 1987 with a 88 ecu and distributor. It has the secondary filter delete with valve on canister. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rex

Yes on the exhaust and weird thing about the wiring is that it's white but it has electrical tape taped over the wiring to cover up some outside wire that wraps around the white. Should the outer wire be going to something or is that normal and thank you so much for a quick response. Thanks Rex

Oh I did a reset a couple of weeks ago by grounding the wire to ecu while it's unplugged for the isc and idled it at 850 to 900 but I have noticed that it idles higher since I put in a walbro pump and back flushed the injectors . Do you have to reset everything all over again? I'll check the ground wire to ecu too. Thanks a lot man!

Ok when I test the ground the meter buzzes and when I test the signal to the tps it buzzes and when I leave one of the test needle in the ground wire and touch the signal wire to tps the meter buzzes. Is that normal? I got a new Mazda tps and the tps code is still blinking and I got the .50 volts to tps Edited by TSIREX

Set the meter to volts. Turn of auto ranging if the meter has it. Connect it to the wire that has .5 with the throttle closed. Turn the key to run. Open and close the throttle as smoothly as you can. Does the voltage increase and decrease smoothly between about .5 and about 4.7?

Check that the wires are not twisted and touching each other under the rubbers on both sides of the plug.

If you find nothing wrong under the hood, repeat the voltage test where the tps wire enters the ecu.

The signal wire to ecu is still green and red wire? Thank you helping out

the signal is green and white at both ends of the harness. sensor power is green red, sensor ground is green black.

http://www.starquestgarage.com/manuals/service/conquest/1988/88_conquest_service_nav.html

section 14, page 14-11 and 14-43

if the voltage checks out ok on pin 15. Then i am out of ideals for the moment.

I'll take the maf-t off and put the stock back on to see what happens. I did change the fuel filter and when I did the wires going to the tb seemed tight. So the signal wire is grounded also? Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. It's got to be something small