Oil Separator...which hoses go where?

Preludedude

So Im digging in the FSM and no mention of oil separator hoses...

Here is a picture of mine.

Where do 1, 2, and 3 go?

I know one goes to rear of valve cover, oil pan, and AHP...but which is which...

Secondly, how did you people mount yours if you are running a AHP? How high? Where? What angle to be most effective?

Thanks guys.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd461/Preludedude1/6ebe0dc9-6de6-49aa-af1e-3cb9bcf8af77.jpg

1. turbo intake hose

2. rear valve cover port

3. oil drain, goes to the oil pan

Be sure the separator isn't clogged. You should be able to blow through all ports easily. To clean just plug two ports and fill with brake cleaner and let it soak for an hour or two. Then drain and blow out with compressed air.

Edited by ucw458

Lots of ppl do that ^^^^. That's what I think I would do. It's close to the back of the valve cover connection then.

DMNDSTAR87 - that is an awesome engine bay. Your powdercoating color is very similar to the one I used on my DSM.

Lots of ppl do that ^^^^. That's what I think I would do. It's close to the back of the valve cover connection then.

DMNDSTAR87 - that is an awesome engine bay. Your powdercoating color is very similar to the one I used on my DSM.

Try again bro.... Thats paint not powdercoat.. :)

Gig out

Try again bro.... Thats paint not powdercoat.. :)

Gig out

Really ??? Wow :blink: That's impressive that it's held up that well. How long ago did you paint it? When I first got into cars just out of high school I started by cleaning everything, priming, and then painting ... but it just never held up over the long haul, so I started having things powdercoated. That color is just so similar to the one I used on my DSM. Here's a pic of my thermostat housing I had done over the winter.

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/3300/5c2cl.jpg

Really ??? Wow :blink: That's impressive that it's held up that well. How long ago did you paint it? When I first got into cars just out of high school I started by cleaning everything, priming, and then painting ... but it just never held up over the long haul, so I started having things powdercoated. That color is just so similar to the one I used on my DSM. Here's a pic of my thermostat housing I had done over the winter.

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/3300/5c2cl.jpg

Kool... The colors are very similar.... The paint is all House of Kolor... Silver base with a mix 3 different red candies.....all my suspension is painted with the same colors... Check my thread in the Rims/suspension forum... Im sure u will dig the color combos... As far as holding up i only put about 1000k a year on her but only got about 800 miles on since i sprayed them... Def wont last as long as powdercoat but looks better IMO and I paint so once it starts looking crappy i can respray...

Gig out