What's a good exhaust to buy. I'm getting rid of cats

XSubsailor

Turns out there's no emission requirements for classic or antique cars in Pennsylvania. I replaced the turbo and manifold a few years ago. Figure I might as well keep going. I've got a down pipe to use too.

Does anyone have any good exhaust notes they can post?

I use the MK1 stainless system, I have a version with the B-pipe and downpipe. They are sold as catbacks but you can message the seller 101propose and he may have some full systems. Worst case scenario you'd have to have a B-pipe made if he's not selling the catless ones anymore. They fit well and are stainless. Edited by Fuze

It's not that loud really when you are cruising. Screams and has a crotch rocket exhaust sound quality at high rpm when you stomp on it. Without the interior installed it was hard to talk to your passenger on the highway but with it installed it's easy enough to communicate. I should note that it is a very constant drone and can put you to sleep if you are tired. I am currently trying to figure out how I want to rebuild the exhaust to the back of the car. With the stock turbo I do not think you really even need 2.5" if you can see through your muffler. 2 and 1/8 or a little bigger is probably plenty big. I could be wrong tho. I just can't see a 3" exhaust on a 12a being anywhere near the appropriate range and even for a 16g seems on the large side. I might suggest the OP just put a pipe in place of the 2nd cat since he's already got a DP unless the replacement turbo he installed is something more than a 14b.

get with N8 on that HKS system or go from your down pipe to the rear with 2.5" into a hooker areo chamber muffler and tip of your choice. the hooker is MY fav. muffler on these terdz. you'll get more of a low tone if you go 3" but it's really not needed uness you plan on putting down serious power. no sound clip sorry

I gutted my precat and upgraded or replaced mine with magnaflow and the cat with same the brand. Yes, it still pretty much stock but sounds are performs great!

Cheers,

SLim Jim

Edited by mrvwbug