allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:family/ conquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:09 AM

So, I've taken to do some cleaning and relube work on the entire door closing parts as far as electric lock motor and allen4 the parts that keep the doors closed. I seem to have hit a snag tho, I can't get this rod snap off so I can pull out the mechanism out of the door.  Pic below. Is there a trick to removing it and preferably without breaking? If it does break, can a guy still get them?
Posted Image
"the average man dies at 25 and is buried at 65" Ben Franklin
"Dude, is that a Nissan?"
Don't crush'em, restore'em
Posted Image Latest pic 8/11/11>> Posted Image

#2 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:45 AM

If I'm worried about a plastic piece breaking I heat it up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer.  If I remember that one correctly you squeeze the halves together and push it out of the hole.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#3 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:40 AM

Hello Dwayne. When I disassembled my doors I ended up using a wide flat head screw driver to pry it out. You have to be sure you are pulling it straight out and not at an angle. If you end up braking it in some way I'll let you have one of mine. So I say give it your best go and if need be I'll help you out.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#4 allen405

allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

Lol, k

#5 allen405

allen405

No comment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:10 PM

Nice, I was successful. Nothing broke and lock on pass side isn't lazy anymore

#6 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

Awesome dude, happy to hear it!

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#7 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

I second Scott's technique. A hairdryer works amazingly well when it comes to these old fragile plastic pieces
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, M28 head ,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#8 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:21 AM

Instead of pulling the whole mechanism out, is it possible just to loosen it up so you can access it though the open area facing the interior of the car? That way you can just clean and lube it inside the door.

Also make sure to get a blow gun and check all your door drains. There should be small holes at the bottom seams that allow water to run out of the door. I haven't seen a SQ one clog but it doesn't hurt to check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users