• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vcm1

vcm1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys bad fusible link block is there a way to bypass or fix if its burning up wires

#2 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

Did you pick up another block and use factory style wires on it?
Is it still burning the wires after changing the block and wires?
Also, what wires are popping on it

Edited by 81zfan, 11 April 2019 - 07:31 PM.

88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, Clearwater NJV head w/ Mech. Lifters,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#3 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:37 PM

You mean fusible links are burning up? If yes  something is pulling to much power through it or you have a short somewhere. Yes people have used fuse boxes and wired things up. Highly recommend you know how to calculate voltage and amps properly to do it though. I had one melt on me about 2 years ego. All it was just bunch of badly corroded connections and grounds from car sitting over 10 years or more before l got it.

Edited by croquest87, 11 April 2019 - 07:43 PM.

#4 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

clean all terminals on block and the other plugs in fuse area with a small nettle file and use dielectric grease on all terminals to keep the connections clean............dirty terminals that cant pass the voltage will make heat in electric fuses............I just did both my cars last week............

Edited by markhansenconquest, 12 April 2019 - 11:51 AM.

#5 vcm1

vcm1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hey kool thank you guys for the help

#6 81zfan

81zfan

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Interests:Wrenching,Fishing,Bicycling, and collecting old school vinyl!!

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

While you're there at the relays and block , I'd go ahead and pull the relay panel off and clean and grease the ground behind it. While you're there go ahead and clean and grease all grounds around the battery. I've learned the hard way that those need to be good and shiny :D
88 conquest, .30 over block,Bs eliminated, Clearwater NJV head w/ Mech. Lifters,17c turbo,Ottowerks shifter bushing, Lower Shores Braided lines and TB parts, Boostinmini TPS conversion kit,Optional Methanol Kit "when hooked up",Custom 2.5 Intercooler Piping,3 inch Downpipe, Gasket Ported Intake and Exhaust Manifold, Manual steering conversion,ACT HD clutch, Ebay knock off GReedy BOV,put car on a diet "lost between 590-620 lbs", Super AFC, AEM wideband, Glowshift Boost,Fuel Pressure, and Coolant Temp gauges, ARP Head and Rod bolts/Studs, Walbro 255.... In the process of adding more !

#7 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

don't for get the ground behind the relay box screwed in to sheet metal.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users