• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, Brewing beer and Land Rovers.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

I'm going through the documentation and some very good threads about wiring the 2nd Gen MAFT but would like some clarification from those who know more than I.  I've seen referenced using a Baro sensor but remember reading if a GM MAF was used it wasn't needed. Is this true?

I put this picture together for graphical clarification and would appreciate advise on if it is correct.  Thanks again.

Posted Image

Edited by mbruneaux, 06 November 2017 - 04:29 PM.

Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2002 Discovery II SE7 (Wife's progeny wagon and tow vehicle)

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

#2 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Frequency output goes to the ecu so the ecu still sees a Karman Vortex parameter (factory AFM)

RPM input may require use of a tach adapter. It would be spliced into the ECU RPM input. Ecu still needs an RPM input to turn on fuel pump etc.

TPS signal is spliced.

Wideband should replace factory O2 sensor, have wideband gauge output go to the ECU AND the Maf T. The wideband will be a heated o2 sensor and much more accurate.

#3 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostTurbo Cary, on 07 November 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Frequency output goes to the ecu so the ecu still sees a Karman Vortex parameter (factory AFM)

RPM input may require use of a tach adapter. It would be spliced into the ECU RPM input. Ecu still needs an RPM input to turn on fuel pump etc.

TPS signal is spliced.

Wideband should replace factory O2 sensor, have wideband gauge output go to the ECU AND the Maf T. The wideband will be a heated o2 sensor and much more accurate.

Thank you, it makes sense.
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=

#4 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostTurbo Cary, on 07 November 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Which wire to the ECU do I use for Frequency to ECU?  Is it originally from the factory AFS? Is it the White and Black wire going to #2 on the ECU.

Posted Image

Edited by mbruneaux, 13 November 2017 - 02:14 PM.

Canterbury, CT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users