I donated to SQC

Technology

ok donateing is fine and great , many props to you and any that do ,, what is not fine and dandy is a thread to pat your self and others on the back,, donate if you want but lets not make this a look i did and he didn't thread , and yes thats what these always turn into , no need to see who did or who didn't ...

It's not actually to pat myself on the back. If I wanted to do that I would have donated 100 dollars. I did it to make people who don't donate feel bad, so that maybe they do.

I've benefitted from this site for 10 years, one of which I was mostly banned for. The least I can do is put some money toward this place. Others should feel the same way.

5 bucks is chump change. You can't buy a burger for that in some places. Others, you can buy 5 burgers, but you won't feel as good as if you donate. Just do it and say, "so did I." Back home I had 5 dollars in pennies laying around in random places.

Technolgy i wasn't saying that your personaly were pating your self on the back, but threads like this always end up the same way

it's sad that this is so, but in the end they always end up the same way

the real answer is to have a fee for joining the site but that isn't fair to all the guys that have spent 100's of hours helping other people, or those that realy can't afford to pay for help

i get emails all the time from sites that charge $10 to answer a single car relate'd question and want me to volunteer my time , i don't get involve'd in such sites and never will

Bob's use'd his own moneys to fund this site for many years and i'm all for any one that wants to pay back in any way they can but i don't think a public list of those that send money and those that don't should become an issue

that is just my opnion and it counts for little , and i'l go along with what ever the majority choises to do as always