Jump to content



Powerful TBI


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 jinx

jinx

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=X5fKGWc013A
another similar TBI stock cam setup here. ebay T3 @28psi oem OVC pipe. 300whp
That's half the turbo of the yellow '460' corolla... which makes less than 300, according to the resident experts
sooo this video dyno HAS to be BS, right ? No way he can be making more than 150hp with half the turbo





#82 speedyquest

speedyquest

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:La Crosse Wisconsin
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:45 AM

View Postjinx, on 04 May 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

speedy

Oh no..... If I type a page you still won't get it. I'll try another approach:
I gave you samples of two EXTRORDINARY performing samples: 1.6 miata & a pretty much stock 2.0 1g DSM with a $150 holset
How about YOU tell me, why those smart experienced cats ONLY changed valvesprings
- remember, physics and common sense told you, they do nothing

You aren't adding any credibility to your arguments by not reading my posts. I've already answered your question, it was right below my question. Here I'll even copy paste it here for you again and highlight it.

We aren't talking about any other part, only valve springs. Valve springs don't increase lift, increase air flow, or any other thing that increases horsepower. And the examples you gave above are highly modified cars, of course they upgraded their valve springs. They are revving higher than stock and are wanting to limit valve float. Again your comparing apples to oranges...

Posted Image


#83 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

    Super Pooper

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,467 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:21 AM

He Jinx, I know you know that calling a turbo a “T3” is as specific as just saying “its got a turbo”
I mean, i have a T3.



10.95@120mph  https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U
Built G54B, S364, R154, stock 6-bolt, fireballs

#84 speedyquest

speedyquest

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:La Crosse Wisconsin
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

View Postjinx, on 04 May 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=X5fKGWc013A
another similar TBI stock cam setup here. ebay T3 @28psi oem OVC pipe. 300whp
That's half the turbo of the yellow '460' corolla... which makes less than 300, according to the resident experts
sooo this video dyno HAS to be BS, right ? No way he can be making more than 150hp with half the turbo

I think I need to stop trying to use logic or reason with you because you don't seem to care about that. This will be my last response because frankly this is no longer worth my time. From the very beginning my personal argument has been that there is no evidence that the car this whooooole thread is about has the fuel delivery for the claimed horsepower.

You can scour Youtube all day, make incoherent replies and ignore sound arguments and questions to make you feel vindicated and right about this subject but in my opinion you have no idea what your talking about and now you feel so entrenched in your viewpoint that you have to defend it till the end. Admitting your wrong, are fallible, need to learn more, might not have all the answers, etc is how you grow. Hopefully in the future you do that.

Posted Image


#85 jinx

jinx

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:30 PM

Quote

He Jinx, I know you know that calling a turbo a “T3” is as specific as just saying “its got a turbo”
I mean, i have a T3.
Truck video states ebay T3, 0.63 hot/60 cold. 300hp @28psi on a 54 says T3 compressor to me. He didn't say t3/t4
The 10.4 sec TBI starlet posted way back, stated "ebay t3/t4" @ 22psi

n Speedy,
without the springs there would be a DRASATIC reduction in horsepower AND rpm redline, in those hi boost setups
That must mean, "they do nothing  for horsepower" to you, then

#86 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

    Super Pooper

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,467 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:24 AM

View Postjinx, on 09 May 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:


Truck video states ebay T3, 0.63 hot/60 cold. 300hp @28psi on a 54 says T3 compressor to me. He didn't say t3/t4
The 10.4 sec TBI starlet posted way back, stated "ebay t3/t4" @ 22psi

Yeah but what is your point? With enough boost and a standalone ecu you can crack 300?


10.95@120mph  https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U
Built G54B, S364, R154, stock 6-bolt, fireballs

#87 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

    Super Pooper

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,467 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:39 AM

View Postspeedyquest, on 05 May 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:



You aren't adding any credibility to your arguments by not reading my posts. I've already answered your question, it was right below my question. Here I'll even copy paste it here for you again and highlight it.

We aren't talking about any other part, only valve springs. Valve springs don't increase lift, increase air flow, or any other thing that increases horsepower. And the examples you gave above are highly modified cars, of course they upgraded their valve springs. They are revving higher than stock and are wanting to limit valve float. Again your comparing apples to oranges...

When a valve flutters it messes up airflow pretty bad. You have exhaust backpressure, engine harmonics, weak oem springs (or worse schneider 6610’s), then up the boost, better valve springs on these turds will likely net power gains.


10.95@120mph  https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U
Built G54B, S364, R154, stock 6-bolt, fireballs

#88 jinx

jinx

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:27 PM

Quote

Yeah but what is your point? With enough boost and a standalone ecu you can crack 300?
in post #81, I thought I made it pretty clear. U commented from post #81

#89 NotStock88

NotStock88

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Midwest
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:18 PM

Still no dyno sheet and list of mods still? I guess we are either asking too much or for something that doesnt exist...
NOOB

#90 BC_99

BC_99

    Plays in traffic

  • Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Concord, NC
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

View PostNotStock88, on 22 May 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

Still no dyno sheet and list of mods still? I guess we are either asking too much or for something that doesnt exist...

Yeah... months later... nothing...

BC
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users