11 replies to this topic

#1 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Anyone have a roller CAM capable of better higher RPM pulls available?

One better than the below:
Posted Image

#2 87redcat

87redcat

9 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, working on the new house while dust collects on my wife's quest and on my quest

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

Which cam do you have?
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#3 kev

kev

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

Take a look at this one...it is documented well in the cam forum here.   http://www.starquest...howtopic=154471

BTW: the car came out great and the numbers are impressive.

#4 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Whoops, posted this in the wrong group. :-)

I have the AU CAM and it drops off too much at 3.7k RPMS.

If you are referring to my car Phil is doing for me, Thanks!

I did message Mach about that so we shall see.

Edited by Skippy, 13 October 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#5 IntercooledFlatty

IntercooledFlatty

Get Sum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Funky Phil is your man ;)
Posted Image
          MOPAR POWERED

#6 Tim_C.

Tim_C.

Addicted Starquester

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,058 posts
  • Interests:Serving Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, that is about the best dyno sheet you will ever see from the stock AU roller cam. Very good numbers for it and requires quite the other mods to get it there.
The Schneider 284RH is the best hi-RPM cam for our cars. Problem is you have to build the engine around it. It will rev like mad to 7500+RPM. There is no other cam that comes anywhere close to it for a racing hi-RPM application.
'87TSi .510Roller Cam, JE Forged, TS Rings & plateau honed walls, lightened rods, race prepped crank, mains line honed, balanced, 17C, 3"EX, 2"HardPipes, AlFly, rrfpr, 88trans, 3.90's w/posi plate mods, polyBushings, STSprings, KYBStruts, Camber Plates, CustomAlternator
Traded for new set of tires for my wife's Buick: '87 TSI Gold that needs just about all steering and suspension parts replaced, injectors, a new transmission, clutch, and various electrical gremlins. New owner is a mechanic who is already driving it. I couldn't stand letting it sit any more!
'86 ESiR - OEM Roller Cam, Wiseco Forged 8:1 Pistons, Chad's equal length header, TEP T3/T4 turbo, ACT HD clutch, Fidanza Fly, custom 3" exhaust, 3 core oversized radiator, O-ringed block, AJUSA metal shim head gasket, Dawes Device boost controller
'85 Plymouth Conquest Auto , Wiseco 8:1, super light pins, shaved rods, hi-torque cam, 2.5 Exhaust
'84 Dodge Conquest Parts car
'83 Starion - Gutted stock exhaust with '87 TSi muffler, New engine with: BS Elim,forged Wisecos,balanced,Schneider274H,marnal w/oversized stainless valves
'83 Cannonball Run II Jackie Chan car, Basic ring and bearing job w/less than 6K original miles on body, steering, suspension, & rear end, Lightened stock fly, BS Elim, Walbro 255LPH FP, NEW Clearwater head with all new parts, intercooled, 14G turbo, 2750 car weight
'96 Mitsu Mirage w/rebuilt head. Gets 35+MPG.
'87 Dodge Ram50 4WD Rebuilt engine, fresh stock head, Weber carbed, BS elim. Runs great now!
'97 Buick Ultra (supercharged Park Avenue)

#7 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

It is the CAM I got from you, if you recall.

Not sure what I am going to do right now. I'll just drive it for a while like me and Phil talked and then decide.

#8 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

I'll be real interested to hear how you like 300hp. And if you really feel like you need/want more. I'd guess that driving in big traffic must at least be a consideration around Saint Louie? Are you driving or shipping your car back and forth to Phil?

Thanks,  Brad

Edited by Bradrock, 15 October 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Run's with scizzor's

#9 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

The car has been with Phil for a while and I will trailer it back as the plates are expired. He is working with Scott on an issue.

The car is a nice weekend, everyone once in a while weekday car. I would be surprised if I even put 250 miles a year on it.

#10 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostTim_C., on 14 October 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

Yeah, that is about the best dyno sheet you will ever see from the stock AU roller cam. Very good numbers for it and requires quite the other mods to get it there.
The Schneider 284RH is the best hi-RPM cam for our cars. Problem is you have to build the engine around it. It will rev like mad to 7500+RPM. There is no other cam that comes anywhere close to it for a racing hi-RPM application.

That is kind of exciting as I believe I've got one of those cam's squirreled away. At some point when I purchase myself an adjustable cam and go forged pistons I'll have to slap that bad boy in there!

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#11 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,663 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

Wastegate could be fluttering open and closed from 4500 RPM on.
Not necessarily closing all the way but like flapping in the wind.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

#12 jinx

jinx

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

Schneider 284RH is the best hi-RPM cam for our cars. Problem is you have to build the engine around it. It will rev like mad to 7500+RPM. There is no other cam that comes anywhere close to it for a racing hi-RPM application.
From memory I can only recall the FIP and EIP red car, whose dyno was void of the g54 'characteristic nosedive'.
What cam they used ?
The custom cam from austrailia that Tainter ran, behaved 'abnormal' too.... along with its standout performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users