Headers on Ebay- Not the China ones...

One of Chads....I believe that any header for these cars is eventually gonna crack, under the circumstances they are in.

BC_99

That does seem to be the way it goes. I think a well built manifold should last quite a few years though.

This looks like a nice manifold

One of Chads....I believe that any header for these cars is eventually gonna crack, under the circumstances they are in.

BC_99

Eh, yeah, maybe. But if my memory serves right, the ones that are Ebay, the shiny headers so called SS, were those not the ones that everyone who bought them at the beginning claimed they cracked within hours?

Anyway, those listed above seem stout.

Looks like someone made these, not the cheap China ones that crack themselves to death in a few hours of usage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item415c6d99a6

From the tittle I thought this was a mass produced turbo manifold because you refered to plural Manifold(s) and made (these) not this.

That looks like Chad's design work, flange is like a half inch and as the description reads made of "cold rolled".

A pretty sturdy looking piece if you ask me, Chad doesn't make these any longer ?

It should be more exspensive then what it's being listed for, stock cast log style is only about $100 less.

I will make them again, but not many, and not real soon. I got three kids, a very ful time job, and a house remodel in the works.

That is made of 316L stainless pipe, so the walls are very thick, plus this grade is virtualy impervious to carbide precipitation do to the extremely low carbon content. It also has a high molibdimum content, so it has a very high strength at full opperating temps. This is why mine last and others dont, better material.

My going rate is $500, and that one appears to have been polished since made it.

The threads for the EGT bung were tapped for the standard 1/8 NPT, perhaps they just neeed re-chased?