Windows 7 Every thing got smaller?

StarquestRescue

Some how Every thing got smaller. The forum format no longer fills the screen. I was mousing the cursor across the screen and everything got about 4 clicks smaller. How do i change it back?

Thanks for your help. I just got the new computer about 3 weeks ago.

try holding Control and hold your scroll wheel down(on your mouse) ....then rotate your scroll wheel forward or backward to increase or decrease the size

Go to sprocket symbol @ top right corner an click it then go to zoom adjust to your preference. W.

Ok, thanks. Looks like two ways to do the same thing.

• 3 months later...

is your monitor 4:3 or 16:9

and is this a laptop or desktop?

You also might want to do a windows update just incase you have a driver issue with your monitor.

Is this resolved?

Edited by lionbull

is your monitor 4:3 or 16:9

and is this a laptop or desktop?

You also might want to do a windows update just incase you have a driver issue with your monitor.

Is this resolved?

Yes and no. I can change it back to the zoom i want, but if i move my finger a certain way on the key pad that i do not fully understand, it will changes things like the zoom and other stuff. To reset the zoom it takes 3 clicks and 3 key strokes to reset to a custom zoom.

It is a Toshiba Satellite core i7 laptop.

Yes and no. I can change it back to the zoom i want, but if i move my finger a certain way on the key pad that i do not fully understand, it will changes things like the zoom and other stuff. To reset the zoom it takes 3 clicks and 3 key strokes to reset to a custom zoom.

It is a Toshiba Satellite core i7 laptop.

put the zoom back to how it was from factory. if you want to make a browser bigger just hold CTRL and click the plus symbol over the =

I will look into that laptop.

Also, is there a border around the screen or is the resolution actually filling the screen but is just finer/smaller?

Edited by lionbull

That's a easier way to change it, but i can't select 115% that way. The main problem is it will not stay there. If i touch the mouse pad a certain way, that i can not duplicate, it zooms in or out, or things jump around or disappear.

Now i will admit i never toke the windows 7tour. Which may explain how these "features" work. Or better yet how to turn then off or lock them.

Laptop is a P755-S5391

The zoom and resolution is two different things.

lets isolate one of the issues. Try this and see if it works

Go to the touchpad icon on the taskbar and go to the pointing device properties . Go to the device settings tab, then click the settings button. On the left hand side there is a menu of items to select, click on pinch zoom and unclick the enable zoom box, press apply and ok. This should solve your problem.

Edited by lionbull