Smoked an STi in the corners wearing slippers...

Komeuppance

Ok, this doesn't really belong in the "war stories" cuz it wasn't really a race.

I woke up and first thing I did after taking a wiz was go out to the garage and finally adjust my clutch pedal. No more not wanting to shift into 2nd or 3rd at 5.5k+ FTW. I'm just wearing slippers and I don't even have my cell on me, but I decide to take it out for a few mins to test it. I'm just cruising along the backroads at 60, warming the car up when I see this shiny blue honda civic pulling up fast in the rear view. He got closer, oh... it's an STi. I check my temps, nice and warmed up... I speed up a bit, and he keeps pace. Slightly rough section of road ahead... I throw out a couple sparks to let him know what's up (Not intentionally, just going slightly fast for that section where there's a high crown road and my exhaust scrapes). The 90's are coming up, I pull to the outside, heal toe (not so easy in slippers), dive into the corner to tap the apex. He does the same. Next 90, the apex is buried deep past the white line and I know the line to take... he doesn't... he lost too much speed and I'm pulling away from him at the corner exit. Win.

There was traffic up ahead and I'm low on gas, plus my sub box is sliding around in the trunk, I pull off onto a side road to turn around... he does the ricer flyby.

I spin 2nd a bit, and chirp 3d now... gotta turn up the boost... ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4thwYpDnYg

That's the road I'm talking about, but we were going the other way. 1:16 is where the race was won... LOL...

-Robert

What do you suppose the pic in my avatar is? I think its a chihuahua having a bad hairday?

Although, I think his hair looks better than mine.

Threadjacked!

Syke, when was the last time you heard the word syke or cinchy? That was a cinch!

D00d cool story, my take is the guy didnt know how to drive his car. STD's are supposed to handle amazingly and be duper fast right?

Well good job pwning one, ive smoked a few wrx's and STI's in my 5.0. Mainly on the freeway but nonetheless smoked.

Feels great my most recent kill was a 370Z in my 5.0 before i took it in to get finished. Im telling you those GT40 heads made a huge difference I need to get an updated dyno of what my power is now.

Oops sorry didnt mean to hijack lets get back to your most recent kill.

Stop staring at my chi-hua-hua LOL!

Its not how you drive your 10 second car in a straight line, its how you push it to the limit. Thats a real driver. :P

And...taquito...STIs have no top end power whatsoever, so, highway kills on them don't really count...lol Low end and handling, though, they have a lot going for them.

So...nice job Robert.

And, what are you sighing about?

• 4 months later...

Haha! I call it a race and a win. I wish more runs were like that. So what if you know how to shift? Can you heel toe and modulate a happy pedal? Well can you do it in slippers? :lol: Good kill man. I remember Takumi Fujiwara couldn't beat his dad's Impreza (where my Initial D fans at?) I remember a time in my Cobalt when I was moving to Vegas due to military and I was a bit heavier but had a nearly 50/50 weight distribution as opposed to the usual 60/40 and recognized it immediately when I was running the downhill in AZ headed north to Flagstaff and this punk in a Sentra SE-R tried to outrun me.

I was headed to a friend's house to stay the night and accidentally passed his exit by several miles and had to turn around. That's where I met the Sentra and I just out drove him on the downhill. When I let off and went to exit he too did a ricer flyby. He got owned by a car almost 600 lbs overweight.

Btw, I was waiting for the vid to buff and almost forgot to watch it. Nice run. It may sound a bit off but I'm glad to see a large number (at least from what I've observed) of black people owning these cars. I don't feel so alone here :lol:

Edited by TexasTieaga

Btw, I was waiting for the vid to buff and almost forgot to watch it. Nice run. It may sound a bit off but I'm glad to see a large number (at least from what I've observed) of black people owning these cars. I don't feel so alone here :lol:

Haha, I'm not black, my brotha from anotha mutha.

-Robert

And...taquito...STIs have no top end power whatsoever, so, highway kills on them don't really count...lol Low end and handling, though, they have a lot going for them.

So...nice job Robert.

And, what are you sighing about?

Huh???? No top end power?

Sounds as if he was pacing you, not to many folks will try to pass in the corners unless on a track.