dead even with an '03 z06

Technology

my buddy got a vette the other day so tonight we compared. he started in 3rd and i was in second around 4500rpm i suppose. i had to shift right away, but if my waste gate hadnt been blasting, we could have talked out our windows. it was absolutely the same till we had to let off, but i was getting up near the top of 4th. it was fun and really good to know where i stand as is. btw, the vette had long tube headers and a full magnaflow exhaust plus some aftermarket intake. he wants a cam and bottle now, and i want cam and boost. :)

BTW, g54b power, baby!

ahh.. good s*** my brotha!. i can only wish to be that fast.

California keeps this car restricted from doing allot of mods...

Daniel

nazis :ph34r:

true dat <_<

the engine is built to handle what ever though..so when i move out of state..its game on muuaahhahahaha.

What if you register it as a classic? Also I'm sorry for my typing, I'm posting from my phone right now. LOL

if i do that, i think the california law for it only limits it to driving to car shows and back. And driving it to and from a garage area. ill be even more limited going that rout.

might as well just wait till i move.

Daniel

dstar, there is certain counties in cali where there is no smog laws all you have to do is get an extra po box there i think get your registration there and your set.

Why did he start in third instead of second or even first? cant a z06 do near 70 in first in stock form? Where you guys just playing around or does he not really know how to drive the car yet? Not trying to hate or anything its just that when you said he started in third while you where close to the top of second I thought he would not eaven be in his powerband.

Why did he start in third instead of second or even first? cant a z06 do near 70 in first in stock form? Where you guys just playing around or does he not really know how to drive the car yet? Not trying to hate or anything its just that when you said he started in third while you where close to the top of second I thought he would not eaven be in his powerband.

torque son

Doesn't matter. He revved it out in third and shifted right back into his power band for fourth. Also I shifted right away, so he was on the power while I was off it. Look at it how you want, but you haters can stuff it all up in your butt. All up in there.

Doesn't matter. He revved it out in third and shifted right back into his power band for fourth. Also I shifted right away, so he was on the power while I was off it. Look at it how you want, but you haters can stuff it all up in your butt. All up in there.

So if he was in the right gear he would have put some cars on you and then you would not have been able to catch up. I was not trying to hate on you I was just trying to get the facts but know that you have told us to stick it I think you are full of crap or your friend just wanted you not to feel bad.

I think some of you guys are missing some facts here.

#1. It's a 2003 Z06. 405hp/400tq at the crank, 3150ish pounds.

#2. Tech's SQ, 387hp/417tq at the wheels on a heart-breaker dyno dynamics.

Given the I/H/E mods for the vette, and possibly very comparable weights, I don't see an issue here at all.

I think some of you guys are missing some facts here.

#1. It's a 2003 Z06. 405hp/400tq at the crank, 3150ish pounds.

#2. Tech's SQ, 387hp/417tq at the wheels on a heart-breaker dyno dynamics.

Given the I/H/E mods for the vette, and possibly very comparable weights, I don't see an issue here at all.

Also, Some people are ignorant here. don't know jack but want to put in their 2.6 cents.

Just Paus, it was in shootout mode I think, to make the numbers pretty comparable to a dynojet. Anyway, I would race him again for you guys and get it on video, even starting in 2nd, gear, but he bought it to autocross it and he's putting the stock headers and mid pipes back on it, stock aircan too. He also said he won't race anymore except at sanctioned events. At least that's what he put on the local site. That remains to be seen.

It won't be long before I send my spare cam off to get reground and go back for more tuning. I will hopefully get up into the 400's somewhere. 425 would be awesome. But then I'm also getting a gas tune so I can drive it to vegas. Maybe then I can line up with a new z06 and and see where we stand. Who will be at vegas with more than 425whp?

Who will be at vegas with more than 425whp?

i will!!..

.NOT!

lol

but i cant wait to see your car man. Ever since i read your first build thread i wanted to see it.

Daniel