new windsheild( found 6 left in USA)

pagemo

I have searched but can't find any info. Is there anyone that still has new windsheilds if so please post a company name I have searched through several glass companys and they all tell me the glass is no longer available. I really want a new windsheild in the gullwing car and want to remove the old one to finish the body work but I don't want to pull the glass if I can't get a new one.

thanks

Found 6 see last post

Edited by pagemo

PM sent. I also have a used windshield if you want it.

Jimmy

From the net: http://account.autoglasshosting.com/nswiza...=Q&acct=w2g

http://www.glass.net/main/quotes

Thanks

Jimmy, yeah I found a lot of the internet quotes worked but when you call them they can't get the glass. I will keep you in mind on the used because I really want to pull the windsheild to finsh the roof body work but I am sceered Ill brake it!

Thanks

Jimmy, yeah I found a lot of the internet quotes worked but when you call them they can't get the glass. I will keep you in mind on the used because I really want to pull the windsheild to finsh the roof body work but I am sceered Ill brake it!

you have to go through the delearship to get the windshield, no one else makes them, i work for a glass company

you have to go through the delearship to get the windshield, no one else makes them, i work for a glass company

So I need to go through Mitsubishi? I had asked A freind that works at Mitsubishi and he said it was unavailble? or should I try a Chrysler dealer?

I have one I will sell and ship, used, with one tiny chip on left side that has been there and not enlarged since 1996, about the size of the letter 'l', NOT a crack. Shipping will be costly due to size. Fedex Ground

Out of 22 cars I only have one good windshield. Figure that. Yes they are unavailable new anymore.

xkreal@aol.com

Call around to your local glass shops. I found one that a place had in stock. I can get it for $180 installed since they just want to get it out of their stock. I'll be going to get it once I can drive mine again. :(

def let me know how that turns out, im going to be needing one here in the next month or so.....sounds good....

mistubishi has to produce a replacment windsheild by law, if not try chryler since its the same windsheild, but i will call the delear by me and check that out, i got one from them last year cant remember the price since i install so many everyday, will let you know,

OK so my order went through and my new windsheild is on it's way, The information I have is that there are 6 more left with this company spread across the country. The price was $239 plus $115 shipping.

The name of the company is Windsheilds to go, www.WindshieldsToGo.com # is 1-800-571-8646 ask for Bo. He could not tell me who the manufacturer of the glass was said it could be different deppending on where it shipped from, mine is shipping from maryland I will update everyone when it comes in. As a note it did have to ship to a bussiness address non residential.

I don't know where you are looking, there's a company here in California, Payless Auto Glass Pomona CA, that gets conquest glass all day everyday for $120, $180 if they come out to where you are and install it. I had my windshield done last year and it was good glass, not that stuff that looks like fish bowl glass. Do you live near a large city at all?

I don't know where you are looking, there's a company here in California, Payless Auto Glass Pomona CA, that gets conquest glass all day everyday for $120, $180 if they come out to where you are and install it. I had my windshield done last year and it was good glass, not that stuff that looks like fish bowl glass. Do you live near a large city at all?

I live near Atlanta and none of the first 5 or 6 glass chains on the internet and yellow pages could actually get the glass, they showed all of the info and pricing but could not get the glass? I would have loved to find it for $120 that is a bargain for a windsheild. Have you checked with them recently? if so post the # for some of the other guys needing one, I have already paid for mine :(

I live in delaware, most people dont know where that is..they ask what state do you live in and i tell them, well delaware is a staet...but there are really no big cities enless i go about 2 hours away, then i have philly or baltimore...I would rather get a professional glass company to put the windshield in..

I think my new glass for the 83 come from the "glass Doctor"... and any way you'll need to ask Scotty he be in the biz..

I talked to Scotty about this a couple of months back. I believe he said that he can ge tthem, but they have to be ordered in bulk, or they are realy expensive.

I talked to Scotty about this a couple of months back. I believe he said that he can ge tthem, but they have to be ordered in bulk, or they are realy expensive.

i work for glass doctor, its a big franchise across the usa, only in some states can we get the glass for the cars since there are only a select few who actuall will produce the windshield anymore, the only way i can find wich ones is i have to call the headquarters in texas, might take awhile to get some answers, but when i do i will let everyone know, but other than that mist delear or the chryler , one of them by law still has to make them for upto 20 years after the car was made, and thats still one more year left since the 89 was the last year they made, them ,

I recived the windsheild today, it is a PPG replacement with the green/brown tint very nice! If anyone is looking I would recommend this company fast service and I still think a reasonable price. This will be so nice to look out my old one looked as if it was sandblasted.

The windshields are still being made every where, most real glass places can order them for you. Its not something they keep in stock. I know when my 86 flatty needed a windshield it was ordered and was delivered in 2 days. It cost me 250 installed.

The windshields are still being made every where, most real glass places can order them for you. Its not something they keep in stock. I know when my 86 flatty needed a windshield it was ordered and was delivered in 2 days. It cost me 250 installed.

i used to install auto glass for a living and we never had to wait for any glass. it was always instock in the warhouse and was ready the next mornming after being pulled off the shelf.i installed everything from 2007 mercedes to 1972 firebirds and they always had whatever we needed.

• 7 months later...