#1 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Please see my profile for current pricing and availability.

Hi All,

After a good bit of research, work, and trial-and-error, we're finally ready to start producing these things!  If you're unsure of what this part is, please see the prototype feeler thread located here: http://www.starquest...pic=152034&st=0

I will be hand-making these covers, which eliminates third-party vendors, thus keeping the cost low for all of us.  That said, since I'm hand-making these, there will be a turn-around time involved.  And I can't stock a hundred yards of upholstery, cases of adhesive and paint, and the other supplies, I just simply don't have the space...so I'll be making them in small batches.  This means ordering and waiting for some materials between batches, which will contribute to the turn-around time.  Turn-around will also be dependent upon when you purchase vs where I am in the order cue.  And I have a full time job too lol.  Orders will be produced in the order in which they are purchased.  As with my traditional group buys, purchases will be tracked so everybody knows where I am in the process (see second post of this thread).

My target price was to keep these around $100.  I got really close, with a final price of $115.00 plus shipping and insurance.  That pays for all materials, and I make right at $25.00 a piece...more than fair in my book considering total time in one of these is roughly 4.5 hours (now that I know what I'm doing lol).  

Should you want an un-upholstered unit, they are available for $100.00 plus shipping and insurance.  However, un-upholstered units will have the mounting hardware already attached...you will need to remove the hardware in order to upholster the cover.  Un-upholstered units will also include the rear rubber trim, but the trim will not be affixed, as it would need to be removed as well in order to upholster.  Please indicate which you would like when you purchase.

Since I'm making these to order, this isn't necessarily a traditional group buy with a limit of units produced...I can make these indefinitely, however I'd still like to use this thread to keep everything managed as I do with other group buys.

The second post of this thread is dedicated to the order/production process should you wish to check up on things.

Cheers,
Nick

Posted Image

PLEASE READ

NikoFab will no longer post an "Interested" roster on group buys or purchase threads.  "Interested" rosters will only be employed on feeler threads.  Only those who have made the required payment (deposit or full payment, as stipulated by the group buy/purchase thread guidelines indicated by NikoFab) will be posted on a "Registered" roster or "Purchase Post" in the group buy/purchase thread.

Interior hatch cover price is $115.00 plus shipping/insurance/etc. ($100.00 un-upholstered).  This price may change over time due to market and materials cost changes, so please be sure to check my profile for current pricing and availability. Unit price must be paid in full to be registered in the production cue.  No partial payments (with the exception of deposits, if indicated in the group buy/purchase thread guidelines by NikoFab) will be accepted.  

Due to fluctuations in the shipping industry, shipping/insurance rates will be provided to you at the time your item is ready to ship.  Shipping and insurance rates will include the cost of shipping, shipping insurance, and any packaging materials that may be required to ship your item safely and securely.  Shipping dates and times may be amended by NikoFab at any time due to payment delays, supply-side delays, or other complications.  NikoFab will post any and all such instances on this thread if/as they come about.

Make sure that you include your full name, SQC profile name, shipping address, and phone number when making a deposit or payment.  When using Paypal: Unless otherwise notified by email, items will be shipped to the address listed on the purchaser's PayPal account.  Please make sure to indicate any address change at purchase.  NikoFab will not be held liable for shipping to an "old" address, if that address is what is listed by your PayPal account, and the cost of any additional shipping/retrieval methods needed obtain the item will be the responsibility of the purchaser.

Pricing/payments are non-negotiable and non-refundable (except in the event that NikoFab cannot ultimately deliver the product...this is one of only two instances in which a refund will be granted), so please be sure you can follow through with your commitment.

If you have sent funds (deposit or otherwise), but cannot finalize any additional amounts due (ie shipping), you may request that your item be made available to another potential purchaser.  Only when the item has sold to another party, will you be refunded (this is the second of only two instances in which a refund will be granted).  Refunds will only be made in the medium that payments were received (i.e. a PayPal payment will only be refunded via PayPal, checks will be refunded by check, etc.).  Refunds are subject to being paid less any fees or fines (i.e. PayPal fees, financial service fees, etc.) that are incurred by NikoFab for the reason of processing the refund.

It is the responsibility of those participating in the group buy/purchase thread to check their PM's or this thread regarding production/order updates, etc.  Make sure your PM box is not full and can accept new messages.  If you have immediate questions or concerns, you can contact NikoFab by email at nberezoski@gmail.com, or by phone (text or call) at 281.627.6683

By sending your payment (deposit or otherwise), you acknowledge your reading of the above, and agree to the terms set forth.

Edited by NikoFab, 11 January 2017 - 09:04 PM.

D2 Coilovers - Front Airdams - Wiper Cowls - Hatch Spoilers - Floor Mats - Privacy Covers - Hatch Bushings

See my profile for current products, pricing, and availability.

Feedback Thread: http://www.starquest...howtopic=131460

#2 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Purchase Post

1. BLACK88SHP - (un-upholstered) - payment received 1/11/17 - materials ordered 1/17/17 - shipping quote sent 5/2/17
2. TheDemon - (upholstered) - payment received 1/11/17 - materials ordered 1/17/17
3. bflann - (un-upholstered) - payment received 1/12/17 - materials ordered 1/17/17 - shipping quote sent 5/2/17
4. EricSQ - (upholstered) - payment received 1/13/17 - materials ordered 1/17/17
5. Preludedude - (upholstered) - payment received 2/2/17 - materials ordered 2/8/17
6. Turbo Cary - (upholstered) - payment received 2/8/17 - materials ordered 2/8/17

Edited by NikoFab, 02 May 2017 - 11:55 PM.

D2 Coilovers - Front Airdams - Wiper Cowls - Hatch Spoilers - Floor Mats - Privacy Covers - Hatch Bushings

#3 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Materials ordered for first batch.

#4 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Wrenching, Gaming, cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Looking forward to getting this, i started working on the car again and adding this will bring me more motivation to fix her up
- The Demon
89 Black Conquest TSI SHP 5-speed - Restoration
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#5 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

Paid $115 today....02/02/2017....

#6 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

Got some more work done on these today guys.  All six are fully cut chocks and need to be cut and splined.  Sorry it's taking a bit...just got a promotion at work, they have nobody to replace me in the position I've been working...so I'm basically working two jobs right now lol.

#7 Shaggy_TSi

Shaggy_TSi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

Congratulations on the promotion! :)
Posted Image

#8 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostShaggy_TSi, on 23 February 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Congratulations on the promotion! :)

Thank you sir!  And thanks for posting...you reminded me that I still need to get on your wiper cowl shipment!

#9 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

Hi all,

What with my promotion and the apparent monsoon season we've had here in Texas the last few weeks, I finally got a day today with no rain...for a few hours at least.  Got some more done...here's some pics so you see that I've actually been working on these!

Cheers,
Nick

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

Why dont i have mine yet niko? (Insert crazy emoji here)

Just pullin your leg man, we get that the services you offer are done on the side and im sure everyone appreciates that you are hand making these to ensure your quality and a low cost, no rush from me man, i prefer quality over quantity or speed
- The Demon
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#11 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Just remember the old saying:

You can only pick 2, so choose wisely because fast and cheap isnt reliable, cheap and reliable isnt fast, but fast and reliable isnt cheap
Fast
Cheap
Reliable
- The Demon
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#12 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Ok update time...got some more done today...the part that is the most irritating and time-consuming.  Grinding the excess screw threading down would seem an easy task...well it is until you get to the eucaboard.  The idea is to grind them down to leave a smooth surface...without chewing up the eucaboard.  Also, I took the liberty of making a slight change which I think you guys will appreciate.  I have made these with the piano hinge band on the underside of the privacy cover.  I had initially had it on the top, with the idea that the upholstery would conceal it...which it did.  However the more I thought about it...nobody is really looking at the underside anyway, and putting it on the underside would eliminate the bumps under the upholstery, making the top look that much better.  Anyway here's some pics of the progress.

Cheers,
Nick

Edited by NikoFab, 16 March 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#13 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

#14 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

#15 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

#16 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

And now they lay flat!  Hooray!

Posted Image

#17 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Where do you get boxes from to ship your stuff? You have them custom made to order?

#18 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostPreludedude, on 16 March 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Where do you get boxes from to ship your stuff? You have them custom made to order?

It depends on what I'm shipping.  The airdam boxes I use are custom made ($20.38 each at last check), as well as the ones for the wiper cowls ($18.25 at last check).  For the rear hatch spoilers I found a box from Uline that works well.  I use the same box cut in half for shipping the floor mat sets.  For these I'll be using a two-box telescoping combo from Uhaul (I believe both boxes are around $10 total).

#19 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

I just got that box from haul.  The two piece telescoping flat panel tv box.  It's $19.95.  Im using it to ship rear louvers....

#20 NikoFab

NikoFab

Go Blue Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostPreludedude, on 16 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

I just got that box from haul.  The two piece telescoping flat panel tv box.  It's $19.95.  Im using it to ship rear louvers....

Yeah that's the big one.  There's a smaller one that I'm using for the privacy cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users