Most Liked Content

#1305175 A reply to the membership.

Posted Caliber308 on 07 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi,

I see that most of you that responded to my Warning Points post think that I give good information in trying to help you out, but disagree with the way I come off in answering posts sometimes. O.K. I will try and be more compassionate when responding to posts as I hope others will be towards me.

Thanks,
Bill

#1383113 custom 16x12" front 7s to be used for the rear.

Posted Technology on 10 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I think they're cool. Can't wait to see them on the car!

#1299190 what do the numbers mean in the green bar in profile

Posted Shelby on 08 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

me eather 23 like'd  out of 37k posts  waste of space ;)

#1525665 Shelby Has passed away 7-13-16

Posted Xtclink on 15 July 2016 - 09:39 PM

Hello everyone this is Christina, Shelby's grand daughter! I wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart, he would be so happy to know that he had this much of a impact on your lives, and that he was loved by many. We are all going through a rough time right now, I know that you guys meant a whole lot to him and he was more than happy to help each and everyone of you! I am an tears as i write this, you guys will never know how much it ment to him to pass down his knowledge to you, being a mechanic was his life he was ranked one of the best mechanics in the entire world in his younger years, he liked to talk as im sure most of you already know that :) so passing on his knowledge to people he could help made him very happy! This was his life, it means so much to me to see all of these post from you guys it brings joy and sadness as he wanted to do so much more, he wanted to make it to way more meets but unfortunately the last three years his health got the best of him , he is such a strong man he held on for as long as he could till his very last breathe. He did go peacefully but we werent ready , how can you ever be ready to loose someone you love so dear to you. That man showed me everything I know, if it weren't for him I wouldn't be who I am today! I can't express how much these threads mean to me! I've met a few of you over the years as I was 16 the very first meet I got to go to, i'm 29 now. I seen a few of you taking about getting together and doing a parade with your cars, do you really think we could make that happen? Omg he would so love that it would mean so much to him and me , you all were always good to him he would always tell me stories!!! We arent having anything to big for him as you all know this part gets very expensive, we will be having a little get together at my house if anyone is interested please let me know, I tried to make my own profile but it kept telling me the cache code was incorrect so i'm using my fiance's account.. Again thank you all so much, you touched my heart and I know you touched his!!!  R.I.P grandpa I love you so much  your a great man you will never be forgotten!!!

#1406423 Random picture thread

Posted aknorthstar on 02 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

#1390867 Well, it's underway ( candle company lol )

Posted Burton on 14 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

You should make an SQ one that smells like broken dreams.

#1322974 Decmber 21st 2012... Doomsday

Posted 19cturbo on 29 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

go to bed.... check
wake up december 22..... check
go about normal life..... check
laugh at the dumb people who panicked.... check

yeah, i can predict the future, thats what im doing

#1525738 Shelby Has passed away 7-13-16

Posted mikec on 17 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

How many of you remember the original purpose of the Internet: a way for people around the world to share knowledge and help others.  This site and its members have long embraced that ideal but especially our Shelby.  In the old days, true craftsman took on apprentices to teach them everything they could, not just the "how to" but the "why" and to teach them to truly understand the craft, to appreciate the craft, and carry on the traditions.  All of us on this site, and folks on SQC's sister sites, benefited from such a craftsman freely and happily sharing his knowledge, experiences, humor, and love of the craft.

Christina,
My sincere condolences to you and the whole family.  Shelby occasonally spoke of his extended family with pride and love as well as the occasional grumbling "time for that kid to grow up" type of stories.  Because of those stories I know how close the family is and feel for you and the rest of the family as well.  I never met your grandfather face-to-face myself though we shared several enjoyable cross-country telephone calls over the years.

R.I.P. master craftsman Shelby

Michael Cebula
"mikec"

#1431392 Hard work pays off!

Posted Convette on 17 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

So as most of you know I've been killing myself to get my car ready for the race last weekend ( Ultimate Street Car Association/ Optima Batteries Qualifier @ Auto Club Speedway in Fontana)

Long story short the hard work payed in full.  The car was extremely competitive the whole weekend winning most events in all classes, let alone the gt2k (under 3k lbs class)   The wider track, better tires and overall look of the car took it home.  I beat the living hell out of it like always and it took it in strides.  Couldn't be happier with her.  Finally I got my ticket back to SEMA for another shot at the title of the Ultimate Street Car. Took first in all events except for the auto x by .3 secs to a nascar framed pickup  (No Limit Racing C10)  MONSTER  haha

There are 6 qualifier events left throughout the country, I GUARANTY you will have the most fun you've ever had in your car.   Visit www.ultimatestreetcarassociation.com for the list.  SIGN UP!  

On to pics.  Video soon, got some editing to do. Thank you to all who have posted in the "going wider" thread, you guys really keep me motivated to continue pushing.  I received TONS of coverage, TV, websites and prolly a few magazines in the process.  The value of our cars is on the rise!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1479809 Mitsubishi Starion LS1/T56 Swap (from LS1tech.com)

Posted Convette on 26 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

View Postquestsale, on 25 April 2015 - 08:47 PM, said:

That's one way to ruing a car. Put an LS in it.

What does ruing mean?  Oh it must be the word used for making something faster more reliable and far better than your car .... Yeah that sounds right.

#1479170 I'm done with the G54B

Posted Funky Phil on 21 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

I just like talking crap. Except for BOHO. Im 100% serious about the things I will do to his mouth!

Most engines can suprise. Thats maybe what I like about the out dated, under powered, unsupported G54B. I was at a shop a day ago inquiring about using their dyno and when he asked what I had, I said, "just a crappy 4 banger" he laughed and said, "cant be that bad" he asked more and when I told him what it made and what it runs he laughed and said, thats better than 90% of the cars I see. talked about SRT-4's, Mustangs, Supras, 240's and other V8's. Then I told him it was a single stick 8 valve head and he laughed in amazement. All well built cars are cool as long as they are DIFFERENT.

#1406428 Random picture thread

Posted NikoFab on 02 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

View Postaknorthstar, on 02 February 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Posted Image

I would have liked this twice if I could have.

#1401186 After you die? what would you like to see done what will happen with your cars?

Posted Dad on 09 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

I told my wife to put my ashes in the trunk of the car, that way if she gets stuck in the snow she can use it for traction.

Dad

#1391436 myself vs a few cars

Posted nomad on 17 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Stupid kids holding their iphone verticle to record video. I bet the hold their guns sideways too.

#1366310 Random picture thread

Posted Convette on 24 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postdmyers151, on 24 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Took this from my front door last night:
Posted Image

damn you and all your space... to park stuff...or sit..or run around..or do whatthe*********ever you want.  damn you!

#1296455 RE: going out to eat/drinks with people who are always using their phone

Posted Technology on 28 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

No one ever calls me.

Posted Image

#1269436 Barn Find 1988 Quest TSI 18,500miles

Posted MikeMeyerhoff on 24 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

great, so even a chrysler engineer couldn't get it to run and gave up.

#1547666 StarfighterPilot has taken his last flight

Posted kev on 11 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Found this in my files.  Ken with his 84 starion ES that he purchased new.  

Posted Image

#1542393 1985.5 Starion

Posted rcm on 24 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

What are you doing Harry selling the flatty??? As spock says ..It doesnt seem logical..

#1539052 Any information on owner of starquest.i-x.net Site down

Posted MainstreaM on 13 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

I saved the SOS manuals right after PQ put them back up from the pissing match.  It has been quite a few years and I'm sure they were updated afterwards.  I have pics and all if someone wants to host it or put it here.

Kane