LEPORE- Negative experience

88-cnqst-tsi

In December 2013 I was in the market for a new turbo, I ran across this one and thought it was a great deal (http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140857&do=findComment&comment=1403520) I decided to purchase this turbo because I wanted my car back on the road. I have purchased another item from LEPORE in the past and the experience was great so I decided to purchase from him again. When I received the package the first thing I notice is that the v-band in the picture wasn't there and a bolt was missing for the exhaust discharge flange. After some time I notice that the "minor side to side play" wasn't very minor, then when I got it fully hooked up and driving, it smokes allot under boost ( I never had previous smoke) also its leaking from the center section and smoking off under the hood. I confronted him about the missing parts through a PM February 21, 2014 and still have no response even after other attempts to contact him. In the end I suggest to be sceptical about what you buy from him or avoid it if you can.

well, this sucks.

I have many purchases from this guy. years ago.

Sorry this happened to you.

If i could help I would.

I have lots of turbo's maybe we can swap to get you back on the road?

Something is up with Lepore.... He gave me his home number months ago and said to call him about a project.... but he never picks up and never returns the call. Must be something going on in his personal life that is taking priority right now

I have avoided making this post at all costs but I have just had enough. freebird I think im just going to rebuild it because I already spent allot of time and money on custom fab to hook it up, but I can use some help on finding a quality rebuild kit for it, thanks

He has always been straight up w/ me, responding to PM's, good communication. Sorry for your plight! I'm pretty sure the last time we exchanged a list of PM's he had mentioned needing some money to cover personal issues, reason for selling the items,hoping things are alright?

• 1 month later...
Last I talked to lepore was a quest meeting we had at his house and I'm sure it just a personal issue cause to be honest he has my old car at his house and I personally can't get answer from him....guys like him don't just rip people off...he's a stand up guy and I'm suure he will make it right...I was struggleing and he bought my red 87 and I think he still has it....wish I could get ahold him....miss my car!!!!