Help having low oil presure

rioyellow

I have a G54B i took apart to but a T3T4 turbo port and polish head and a balance shaft elimination kit. I put oil in the oil pump then i put the motor back together i start the car the oil presure is very low,and before i took it apart the oil presure was good. What can be the problem ?

When you did the balance shaft elimination kit, did you put the bolt in the oil pump, the one that goes in place of the balance shaft?

Better yet, What balance shaft elimination kit did you use?

Edited by louswheel01

The sending unit might just be full of crap. That little hole, all the dirt and small piece of anything can get in there and it doesn't come out and when its full and packed in there the oil pressure doesn't move all this junk and cause a change to be seen at the gauge. A loose dirty wire on the sending unit will also do this. If you plug the wire on the gauge doesn't instantly jump up its V E R Y S L O W to move and what is a bad connection shows up as pressure that seem to move up and down and look strange. You can try and clean it out but its not easy, the hole is very small. You might try spraying some cleaner in there and see how much of it you can get to come out.

That oring at the pick up tube can look sealed when it isn't. The pipe is easily bent without knowing it, and it will not fully depress the oring when installed. The elim can't be done correctly without pulling the oil pan. Hopefully you did that and made double sure the oring is being depressed as the pipe mount bolts are being tightened down.

you have not once said what the actual oil pressure is on a mechanical gauge ,,playing arround can result in a no engine .

ANY oil pressure problem the FIRST thing to do is install a mechanical pressure gauge to SEE what the actual pressure is,

this tells you if you actualy do have low oil pressure or it;s a simple sender problem

Edited by Shelby

Maybe, maybe not. A rod bearing can knock if there's just a very slight clearance issue and you wouldn't lose any pressure. Your oil pump produces WAY too much volume when the rpms are up. At 3000 its puking oil out a relief valve when the pressure hits about 80.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/lubrispec00.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I'm now on my second motor and turbo but still I have low oil pressure. I drove the car and its so slow and turbo dose not boost and oil pressure is low. its ok wen I first start the car oil pressure gos up to 80psi but wen its hot its gos down to 16psi. I'm on my second block and still low oil psi and I did change the oil pump can the rod barring couse low oil psi. What eles can it b this car is driving me nuts

Ok I'm now on my second motor and turbo but still I have low oil pressure. I drove the car and its so slow and turbo dose not boost and oil pressure is low. its ok wen I first start the car oil pressure gos up to 80psi but wen its hot its gos down to 16psi. I'm on my second block and still low oil psi and I did change the oil pump can the rod barring couse low oil psi. What eles can it b this car is driving me nuts

You took the timing cover off but didn't take the pan off and look at the bearings?

When the engine is heated up and you are at idle, 20psi is about all you'll get and more than you need.

Not making boost isn't because of oil pressure in your case.

There's some other reason it won't build boost like clogged exhaust.