O2 sensor

allen405

allen405, Yeah if you can pull the codes you'll know. I mean i check mine every morning when i start it since i have a led hooked up. I check it down the road later and when the light is on and not blinking (single blink)...well then i know it's working. If it hasn't stop blinking then i know i need to replace it. If you havne't hooked up a light to where you pull the codes i recommend it. Saves you time and you can check for any code that shows up.

Ok, thanks. Next question what is the shielding for on the wire that goes all the way into the cab? because some of mine is missing

the sheilding keeps out any electrical interference from disturbing the 02 signal to the ECU.U will always pull an 02 code upon startup and once exhaust gets up to temp it will stop pulling the code if ur sensor is good.I tapped of the harness in the glove box and ran a LED and mounted it my dash.That way u can watch the blinks and know whats happening with more than just the 02 sensor.Very simple to do and cheap also--

gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

Where do I get a led light with wires on it and how do I hook it up?

I had an led kickin' around from a car alarm but did need a resistor(positive side) cause a car alarm led is only rated for like 5 volts---Go see ur local stereo/alarm install guy he probably has a drawer full of unused leds and resistors(ask me how i know ;) )---87 FSM SEC.14-61 14-62. Pull down glovebox--locate the unhooked plug--looking at plug top right wire is the positive(blk-red tracer)bottom left is negative(blk wire)If u do this I highly reccomend soldering where u tap in at the glovebox----here is a pic where I have my wideband and ecu diagnostic leds mounted :D This will allow u to moniter ur O2,SPEED SENSOR,AIRFLOW SENSOR,TPS,ISC/MPS AND COOLANT TEMP SENSOR.Just because u r pulling one of these code does not insure u of a bad part so use the led for a reference to troubleshoot(do not just replace something cause its giving u a code).just to be sure of urself open up the manual and its pretty self explanatory---good luck

gig out

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/dmndstar87/DSC00817.jpg

Edited by DMNDSTAR87