Feeler: Starion/Conquest Seat Belt Pads

Talking in a recent thread I posted asking for opinions on different seat belt pads that'd look good my Starion, I had a lightbulb. I don't remember anyone doing this before, so correct me if it has been attempted...

I utterly hate the seat belts in the StarQuests because if you're around my height (5'7") and maybe any height...they begin to really cut into your neck. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten out after a lengthy, spirited drive and it looks like I have a hickey from the seat belt rash. Going over options for pads for my red 87, I got the idea to maybe make some seat belt pads with the Starion/Conquest names on them. Either strictly the words Starion/Conquest or maybe also add the Mitsubishi/Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth logos right before the word. They'd be in original Starion or Conquest style font. I also was pitched the idea of having "Turbo" on them like the seat belts have them. Same font.

Would there be any interest for these? Come forward if you think this is a good idea! Tell me what style/font/combo you'd like to see more in case this ends up happening.

- Charles

Edited by nightwalkerancestery

I'm all for blending in and making it look natural. Hence the reason I made the aux mod for the stock radios rather than just spending the money to get a new radio! Sadly, it seems you're the only one with interest though. Lol. If not enough people are interested, I might can still offer a 'per order' with a time delay to order materials and have them embroidered.

- Charles

I'm all for blending in and making it look natural. Hence the reason I made the aux mod for the stock radios rather than just spending the money to get a new radio! Sadly, it seems you're the only one with interest though. Lol. If not enough people are interested, I might can still offer a 'per order' with a time delay to order materials and have them embroidered.

- Charles

Id really just like to get my hands on a set of new belts that are actually black but let me know what you end up coming up with if you make them.

You and me both! There's got to be a way to put something on the belts to restore them. If you scratch them with your fingernail or something, where you scratch turns black. At least mine do.

I'm really starting to like the "STARION" or "TURBO" design. I'll see what I can come up with. Worst case, I have myself a pair of useable, custom seat belt pads ;)

- Charles