Front 5 lug complete with pics :)

Hey guys,

Here are pics of my 5 lug conversion with the SHP 16 X 8 front rims and 225/50/16 tires. Without any spacers there was zero clearance. The wheels turned with little effort, but you could hear them rubbing lightly when rotating the tire. I put on some cheap 5/16" (8mm) spacers with good results:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s412/ThreedoorSQ/car%20pics/FrontSHP.jpg

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s412/ThreedoorSQ/car%20pics/TireWidth.jpg

And here is the clearance between the tire and suspension.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s412/ThreedoorSQ/car%20pics/Clearance.jpg

I am ordering some hub centric spacers. I can find 5mm and 10mm... Looking at the pictures with 8mm spacers I think a 5mm would work, what do you guys think? Also, for if you think I would be better with the 10mm spacers, can I keep stock studs with those or would I need longer studs?

It is clear that normal stock 16 X 7's with 205/55/16's would fit without any spacers required.

Later,

Keith

Edited by Threedoor

tight squeeze. most run the 7 inch front up front and the shp front 8 on the rear of a 5 lug flatty.

Yeah, it is hard to get a good feel for things when there are two different ways to do the front 5 lug conversion. If you do the full suspension swap you pretty much have to run the 7's up front because the hubs are a full inch further out than they are when you just do the hubs and rotors swap like I did, and SHP fronts would be sticking way out of the wheel wells. On the other hand, if I ran the 7's they would be tucked way inside the wheel well. I think someone has a picture of a car setup like that on here somewhere.

I did 200 miles in the car today, and a 16.84 @ 80.82 mph with no rubbing :D I think I can do an extra 2 mm (10mm spacer) without needing to roll the front fenders.... do I need longer studs for that or are the stockers long enough?

Later,

Keith

If u need i may have a set of 7's if u wanna test fit em and see if they would work better. Depending on where ur at in indiana.

Thanks for the offer! It is really nice to see how helpful the SQ community is.

I have a set of 16 x 7 stock front wheels, but they have junk tires on them. The only real clearance issue I have is from running 225's up front. If I was willing to do 205's I wouldn't need spacers. I checked this all with the bare rims before having the tires mounted.

Keith

Are those 15 x 6.5 or 16 x 6.5? I forget, and information seems to be hard to find on this site unless you know the exact thing to search for. If they were 15 x 6.5 5 lugs then going with a 225/50/15 would throw your speedometer off by almost 5mph at highway speeds in 5th gear... just something to remember :)

Keith

• 1 month later...