RB25det swap being done in kentucky

ky_black_tsi

Hello all my name is Chad and i live in eastern ky and i'm currently swapping a rb25det into a 1987 black/black quest ill have pictures of the progress soon as we just got started on the project and it is going kinda slow as of right now .... I have a couple questions about these cars this is my first quest and as much as i love the car i don't know much about it...Has anyone put a set of mickey thompson 26/10.5/16 ets on one of these cars (how did they fit?) pics? the other question I have is if i were to order a set of drag lites for one of these cars what would i ask for?

so far i have bought the following items for the car:

greddy intake mani with q45 t/b

top fed fuel rail with venom 800 cc inj

top mount tubular ex mani with t70 turbo

greddy oil filter relocation kit

xs front mount i/c kit

koyo radiator

FAL dual fan kit

tial gate and bov

rear mount battery kit

aeromotive inline fuel pump (good for 1000hp )

as the parts get ordered and the work gets done ill repost on the project

when i get the car in a good running condition i plan on doing a tomei 2.8 stroke and some there pon cams with a turbonetics gt series turbo

just wanted to thank you guys for supplying me with so much info on these cars and i feel if not for this forum i would not appreciate these cars as much

as i already do ..................

Hello all my name is Chad and i live in eastern ky and i'm currently swapping a rb25det into a 1987 black/black quest i

...Has anyone put a set of mickey thompson 26/10.5/16 ets on one of these cars (how did they fit?) pics?

you can do only if you swap a 9" rear straight axel into it. its been done a couple of times. but are you doing a full drag car or drift? i missed that part.

a street strip car..... something with enough a__ to push around the turbo vettes around here !

yes i already have the motor, trans computer and harness just need a ignitor for some reason i'm having trouble finding one ....

a street strip car..... something with enough a__ to push around the turbo vettes around here !

yes i already have the motor, trans computer and harness just need a ignitor for some reason i'm having trouble finding one ....

use a q 45 ignitor itll work just fine

you can do only if you swap a 9" rear straight axel into it. its been done a couple of times. but are you doing a full drag car or drift? i missed that part.

Thats weird, I have 28 10.5's on my stock IRS, I guess I'm missing something here?

Princeman has a 26-27 tire on his...

Thats weird, I have 28 10.5's on my stock IRS, I guess I'm missing something here?

Princeman has a 26-27 tire on his...

Princeman?? :hmm3grin2orange:

Mine are 255/55/16 ET Radials:

edit I'll try to get some pics uploaded, must have deleted them.

http://a41.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_38a53365016acc68b7a019847e9c20d0.jpg

http://a968.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/123/l_ac767011240ef7b911aa4c7eea755a37.jpg

http://a249.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_012faf34d7a8041410f8cecd047f0138.jpg

yeah I met you once i was showing my bike at the expo and another guy were showing ur cars , as soon as they pulled in my friends came and got me because they knew that i would want to see em , I tried to strike up a convo about the cars with one of you guys but yall were pretty busy getting everything ready to show .....O by the way your car was the first mpi car i had ever seen i was amazed i think i still have some pics of it around here somewhere Edited by ky_black_tsi

I have 26x10x15 mt et drags on weld drag lites and they fit fine but I also have coilovers so I can fit my 17x10.5 wide street wheels on it. the drags should still fit with the factory struts. are you useing the A1000 pump cus that thing is dang loud in my quest.

K man I will .......

As for the fuel pump yes that is what i'm using ......... as for the loudness of the pump i doubt ill hear it over the open dump and the exhaust cutout under the car lol ................that will only be one of 3 fuel pumps in the car tho , Another one will control the alky injection. The third pump is a secreat and if i don't blow myself up should be a sweet set up

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the lil lady to start taking some i'm not much on pictures myself because i never know what would be an interresting pic but ill get her on the ball this week ......stuff started coming back from powdercoat this week and everything has looked great so far !!!!

I promise to keep everyone more updated on the project and have some pics soooon!!!

thanx chad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the project is still moving along and hopefully she will have some more goodies on her soon for some update pics......I look at the pics that i posted up there and the car looks like a mess but beleive me when the parts start going on it will look diffrent lol